[Sorry for the crossposting to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers, but our
university news server does't provide comp.sys.dec]

Hi,

today a problem with our compaq R6000 ups occurred - inverter fault. Does
anyone know what this error means and if it is easy to repair?
We are also considering to buy a new ups, but are unsure which power output
the new one least should have. The R6000 has 6000VA and was for three ES40
(each with four CPUs) systems. Due to software and hardware problems we
disabled one ES40 system, so there are only two left. Anyone knows whats
their minimum power input requirement and how much power they consume by
average? The ls3 software doesn't seem to be helpfull to get this
information.

Thanks in advance,
Bernd