  1. Help Needed By Computer Museum

    Hello my name is John Keys and I'm the founder and Executive Director of the
    Houston Computer Museum and we need everyone's help in getting our doors
    back open again. Please visit our website at www.houstoncomputermuseum.org
    and read about our Just A Buck fund raiser we have going on right now. If
    you can send $1 or more it would be of great help. Thanks for reading this.
    John Keys We also have a wanted list for items needed for our various
    collections.

  2. Re: Help Needed By Computer Museum

    Keys wrote:

    > Hello my name is John Keys and I'm the founder and Executive Director of the
    > Houston Computer Museum and we need everyone's help in getting our doors
    > back open again. Please visit our website at www.houstoncomputermuseum.org
    > and read about our Just A Buck fund raiser we have going on right now. If
    > you can send $1 or more it would be of great help. Thanks for reading this.
    > John Keys We also have a wanted list for items needed for our various
    > collections.

    Something that would maybe help a lot is to speed up your website. It
    may be underattack, or maybe just has a minor problem. Been waiting
    about five minutes for it to finish loading in Netscape V4.77 and about
    three minutes in IE6. Not done yet in either.

    --
    David J Dachtera
    dba DJE Systems

    Unofficial OpenVMS Marketing Home Page
    http://www.djesys.com/vms/market/

    http://www.djesys.com/vms/soho/

    Unofficial OpenVMS-IA32 Home Page:
    http://www.djesys.com/vms/ia32/

    http://www.djesys.com/vms/support/

  3. Re: Help Needed By Computer Museum

    "David J. Dachtera" wrote:

    > Keys wrote:
    > >
    > > Hello my name is John Keys and I'm the founder and Executive Director of the
    > > Houston Computer Museum and we need everyone's help in getting our doors
    > > back open again. Please visit our website at www.houstoncomputermuseum.org
    > > and read about our Just A Buck fund raiser we have going on right now. If
    > > you can send $1 or more it would be of great help. Thanks for reading this.
    > > John Keys We also have a wanted list for items needed for our various
    > > collections.

    > Something that would maybe help a lot is to speed up your website. It
    > may be underattack, or maybe just has a minor problem. Been waiting
    > about five minutes for it to finish loading in Netscape V4.77 and about
    > three minutes in IE6. Not done yet in either.

    Update: Finished loading in Netscape. No visible text, just the counter
    and the counter and site-stats button.

    IE6 - still waiting. (Broadband link, 3.5Mbits down).

    --
    David J Dachtera
    dba DJE Systems
    http://www.djesys.com/

    Unofficial OpenVMS Marketing Home Page
    http://www.djesys.com/vms/market/

    http://www.djesys.com/vms/soho/

    Unofficial OpenVMS-IA32 Home Page:
    http://www.djesys.com/vms/ia32/

    http://www.djesys.com/vms/support/

  4. Re: Help Needed By Computer Museum

    In article <44664D8D.1D5555C2@spam.comcast.net>,
    "David J. Dachtera" writes:
    > "David J. Dachtera" wrote:
    >>
    >> Keys wrote:
    >> >
    >> > Hello my name is John Keys and I'm the founder and Executive Director of the
    >> > Houston Computer Museum and we need everyone's help in getting our doors
    >> > back open again. Please visit our website at www.houstoncomputermuseum.org
    >> > and read about our Just A Buck fund raiser we have going on right now. If
    >> > you can send $1 or more it would be of great help. Thanks for reading this.
    >> > John Keys We also have a wanted list for items needed for our various
    >> > collections.

    >> Something that would maybe help a lot is to speed up your website. It
    >> may be underattack, or maybe just has a minor problem. Been waiting
    >> about five minutes for it to finish loading in Netscape V4.77 and about
    >> three minutes in IE6. Not done yet in either.

    > Update: Finished loading in Netscape. No visible text, just the counter
    > and the counter and site-stats button.
    >
    > IE6 - still waiting. (Broadband link, 3.5Mbits down).

    Loaded instantly here. Using Konqueror.

    bill

    University of Scranton |
    Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include