Digital SF200 or SF2000? - DEC

This is a discussion on Digital SF200 or SF2000? - DEC ; Today while looking through the machine room window at my university I saw an old piece of digital equipment which I have so far been able to identify. It was a fairly large cabinet like box using the older-style white ...

  1. Digital SF200 or SF2000?

    Today while looking through the machine room window at my university I
    saw an old piece of digital equipment which I have so far been able to
    identify.

    It was a fairly large cabinet like box using the older-style white
    digital logo. The colour is beige and the corners on the front were
    curved. It is physically quite large - about the size of a fridge
    probabily. The top left corner said either "DIGITAL SF2000" or "DIGITAL
    SF200" (I dont rember which). Ive searched the internet to try and find
    out what this device is but so far after multiple searches ive been
    unable to find anything.

    So, Anyone have any clue what this device might be? If it is anything
    of much interest I may ask arround to see if it is still wanted.

  2. Re: Digital SF200 or SF2000?

    SF200 and SF210 were DSSI storage arrays. The SF200 came with RF72 1GB
    series disks in arrays; the SF210 came with RF73 2GB disks in arrays.
    Each could hold up to 6 SABBs (Storage Array Building Blocks), with
    four identical drives per SABB, so the maximum capacity was 24GB for
    the SF200, and 48GB for the SF210.

    Each array could also contain up to two TF857 DLT seven cartridge tape
    loader system. It used DECtape III cartridges with 2.6GB capacity
    each.

+ Reply to Thread