SIG Tapes - DEC

This is a discussion on SIG Tapes - DEC ; Does anyone have a copy of The Symposium Tape from the RSTS SIG, Spring 1980, Chicago? I have searched the web extensively and it seems the only thing that has made it to any of the archives is the index. ...

  1. SIG Tapes

    Does anyone have a copy of The Symposium Tape from the RSTS SIG,
    Spring 1980, Chicago?

    I have searched the web extensively and it seems the only thing that
    has made it to any of the archives is the index.

    I would really like to get a copy of this tape on either TK50 (preferred)
    or 9-track, Or even an image suitable for use on SIMH.

    bill

    University of Scranton |
    Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include

  2. Re: SIG Tapes

    How hard did you look:
    http://pdp-11.trailing-edge.com/pdp-11/11sp16/

    http://mvb.saic.com/freeware/vax000/aaareadme.81a

    Have you tried these two sources? Will L G

    "Bill Gunshannon" wrote in message
    > Does anyone have a copy of The Symposium Tape from the RSTS SIG,
    > Spring 1980, Chicago?
    >
    > I have searched the web extensively and it seems the only thing that
    > has made it to any of the archives is the index.
    >
    > I would really like to get a copy of this tape on either TK50 (preferred)
    > or 9-track, Or even an image suitable for use on SIMH.
    >
    > bill
    >
    > --
    > Bill Gunshannon | de-moc-ra-cy (di mok' ra see) n. Three wolves
    > bill@cs.scranton.edu | and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
    > University of Scranton |
    > Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include

  3. Re: SIG Tapes

    In article ,
    " DiskMan" writes:
    > How hard did you look:

    Extensively!!!

    > http://pdp-11.trailing-edge.com/pdp-11/11sp16/

    Pascal SIG, not RSTS. Wrong SIG, wrong tape.

    > http://mvb.saic.com/freeware/vax000/aaareadme.81a

    VAX SIG, not RSTS. Wrong SIG, wrong tape.

    > Have you tried these two sources? Will L G

    I need 11SP42.

    > "Bill Gunshannon" wrote in message
    >> Does anyone have a copy of The Symposium Tape from the RSTS SIG,
    >> Spring 1980, Chicago?
    >>
    >> I have searched the web extensively and it seems the only thing that
    >> has made it to any of the archives is the index.
    >>
    >> I would really like to get a copy of this tape on either TK50 (preferred)
    >> or 9-track, Or even an image suitable for use on SIMH.

    bill

    University of Scranton |
    Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include

  4. Re: SIG Tapes

    Bill Gunshannon wrote:
    > In article ,
    > " DiskMan" writes:
    >
    >>How hard did you look:

    > Extensively!!!
    >

    >>http://pdp-11.trailing-edge.com/pdp-11/11sp16/

    > Pascal SIG, not RSTS. Wrong SIG, wrong tape.
    >

    >>http://mvb.saic.com/freeware/vax000/aaareadme.81a

    > VAX SIG, not RSTS. Wrong SIG, wrong tape.
    >

    >>Have you tried these two sources? Will L G

    > I need 11SP42.
    >

    >>"Bill Gunshannon" wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Does anyone have a copy of The Symposium Tape from the RSTS SIG,
    >>>Spring 1980, Chicago?
    >>>
    >>>I have searched the web extensively and it seems the only thing that
    >>>has made it to any of the archives is the index.
    >>>
    >>>I would really like to get a copy of this tape on either TK50 (preferred)
    >>>or 9-track, Or even an image suitable for use on SIMH.
    >>>

    > bill

    Are you looking for something specific on that tape, or the whole thing?

    I attended that symposium, I think (was that the one at O'Hare? Spent
    a week in Chicago and never left the airport), but I can't find any of
    my old SIG tapes. However, I might have some of the contents on a RSTS
    backup tape, if I happened to load it on my system.

    --
    John Santos
    Evans Griffiths & Hart, Inc.

  5. Re: SIG Tapes

    In article ,
    John Santos writes:
    > Bill Gunshannon wrote:
    >> In article ,
    >> " DiskMan" writes:
    >>
    >>>How hard did you look:

    >> Extensively!!!
    >>

    >>>http://pdp-11.trailing-edge.com/pdp-11/11sp16/

    >> Pascal SIG, not RSTS. Wrong SIG, wrong tape.
    >>

    >>>http://mvb.saic.com/freeware/vax000/aaareadme.81a

    >> VAX SIG, not RSTS. Wrong SIG, wrong tape.
    >>

    >>>Have you tried these two sources? Will L G

    >> I need 11SP42.
    >>

    >>>"Bill Gunshannon" wrote in message

    >> bill
    >>

    > Are you looking for something specific on that tape, or the whole thing?

    Same thing I have been looking for for a while now.

    [80,20] Tiny PASCAL System in BASIC-PLUS: PCO.BAS -
    P - code compiler; PIN.BAX - interpreter;
    DECODE.BAS - print p-codes with mnemonics.
    Two miscellaneous programs: FLASH and COUNT.

    But I figured there was a better chance to find someone with a tape
    than some obscur program that probably saw very little use.

    > I attended that symposium, I think (was that the one at O'Hare? Spent
    > a week in Chicago and never left the airport), but I can't find any of
    > my old SIG tapes. However, I might have some of the contents on a RSTS
    > backup tape, if I happened to load it on my system.

    Somehow, I doubt you did. Looks like one more piece of our history lost.

    :-(

    bill

    University of Scranton |
    Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include