VAX 7000 - UART/Watch chip programming. - DEC

This is a discussion on VAX 7000 - UART/Watch chip programming. - DEC ; Hello folks, I reviewed my VAX 7000 techincal manual (found in Manx archives). I am looking for some I/O programming about DUART (console device) and Watch chips. Does anyone have any information about that? Thanks! Tim...

  1. VAX 7000 - UART/Watch chip programming.

    Hello folks,

    I reviewed my VAX 7000 techincal manual (found in Manx archives). I am
    looking for some I/O programming about DUART (console device) and Watch
    chips. Does anyone have any information about that?

    Thanks!
    Tim

  2. Help! VAX 7000 Series - DUART/Watch specs.

    Hello folks,

    Well, I was reviewing my technical manual about VAX 7000 series. On chapter
    5, it said that there are two chips (DUART and Watch chips). They do not
    use TXCS/TXDB/RXCS/RXDB registers (CPU IPR registers). On manual, it did
    provides UART and Watch register addresses but failed to provide bit
    descriptions completely. On each UART chip, they has 4 direct-accessible
    registers. I was looking for DUART specs but can't find it. However, I
    found watch chip specs in other tech manual that provides similar registers
    with bit descriptions.

    Does anyone have any copy of both chip specs? I was looking for DUART specs
    on Internet and found many x681 specs by varying manfactuerers. No, I do
    not think that because x681 (DUART) might not use similar registers like
    that for compatibility.

    Thanks!
    Tim

+ Reply to Thread