Looking for power supply/supplies for DS20e in Europe - DEC

This is a discussion on Looking for power supply/supplies for DS20e in Europe - DEC ; I recently got a DS20e for free, which has one defective power supply/unit/module (whatchamacallit), thus the system shuts down after a couple of minutes. Is there anyone in Europe who is able to help me out with one or two ...

  1. Looking for power supply/supplies for DS20e in Europe

    I recently got a DS20e for free, which has one defective power
    supply/unit/module (whatchamacallit), thus the system shuts down after
    a couple of minutes. Is there anyone in Europe who is able to help me
    out with one or two supplies? Additionally, if anyone is having a spare
    667MHz CPU which isn't needed anymore, I'd be very interested in it.
    David: as much as I like what you do to keep up the supply with
    relatively cheap alpha hardware, you're unfortunately still way beyond
    what I can afford. Sorry.

    TIA & regards,

    Marc

  2. Re: Looking for power supply/supplies for DS20e in Europe

    Awwww, O K

    ;0(

    dt
    "Marc Schlensog" wrote in message
    news:20060403201120.59db34e4.fishtank.spam@web.de. ..
    >I recently got a DS20e for free, which has one defective power
    > supply/unit/module (whatchamacallit), thus the system shuts down after
    > a couple of minutes. Is there anyone in Europe who is able to help me
    > out with one or two supplies? Additionally, if anyone is having a spare
    > 667MHz CPU which isn't needed anymore, I'd be very interested in it.
    > David: as much as I like what you do to keep up the supply with
    > relatively cheap alpha hardware, you're unfortunately still way beyond
    > what I can afford. Sorry.
    >
    > TIA & regards,
    >
    > Marc

  3. Re: Looking for power supply/supplies for DS20e in Europe

    Try Abacus Computing in Reading. That's my first port of call for
    anything second user, whether for personal or professional use.

    +44 (0)118 940 3111

    (I don't have shares, I'm just a happy buyer! By all means remember me
    to Phil Dombey.)

    Steve (Reece)

  4. Re: Looking for power supply/supplies for DS20e in Europe

    On 4 Apr 2006 02:32:47 -0700
    etmsreec@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

    > Try Abacus Computing in Reading. That's my first port of call for
    > anything second user, whether for personal or professional use.
    >
    > +44 (0)118 940 3111
    >
    > (I don't have shares, I'm just a happy buyer! By all means remember
    > me to Phil Dombey.)
    >
    > Steve (Reece)

    Thanks Steve. I'll give it a shot!
    (Offers are still welcome)

    Marc

  5. Re: Looking for power supply/supplies for DS20e in Europe

    Marc

    We have a few systems in stock from which I could pull one but you are still
    looking at about $399

    David

    --

    David B Turner
    Island Computers US Corp

    "Marc Schlensog" wrote in message
    news:20060405010127.eb9ed384.fishtank.spam@web.de. ..
    > On 4 Apr 2006 02:32:47 -0700
    > etmsreec@yahoo.co.uk wrote:
    >
    > > Try Abacus Computing in Reading. That's my first port of call for
    > > anything second user, whether for personal or professional use.
    > >
    > > +44 (0)118 940 3111
    > >
    > > (I don't have shares, I'm just a happy buyer! By all means remember
    > > me to Phil Dombey.)
    > >
    > > Steve (Reece)
    > >

    > Thanks Steve. I'll give it a shot!
    > (Offers are still welcome)
    >
    > Marc

  6. Re: Looking for power supply/supplies for DS20e in Europe

    >"Marc Schlensog" wrote in message
    >news:20060403201120.59db34e4.fishtank.spam@web.de. ..
    >>I recently got a DS20e for free, which has one defective power
    >> supply/unit/module (whatchamacallit), thus the system shuts down after
    >> a couple of minutes. Is there anyone in Europe who is able to help me
    >> out with one or two supplies? Additionally, if anyone is having a spare
    >> 667MHz CPU which isn't needed anymore, I'd be very interested in it.
    >> David: as much as I like what you do to keep up the supply with
    >> relatively cheap alpha hardware, you're unfortunately still way beyond
    >> what I can afford. Sorry.

    Do you have part number for this supply? We have parts from some PC
    class systems including redundant supply for ZX6200 which migt work...

  7. Re: Looking for power supply/supplies for DS20e in Europe

    On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 22:23:07 +0200
    Mirko S Veselinovic wrote:

    > Do you have part number for this supply? We have parts from some PC
    > class systems including redundant supply for ZX6200 which migt work...

    Hi Mirko,

    now that is nice to hear. The Compaq part number is 30-50662-01.
    The power supply has been manufactured by AcBel. Their part number is
    API-8767-01.

    If it fits, please contact me by email.

    Best regards,

    Marc

  8. Re: Looking for power supply/supplies for DS20e in Europe

    >now that is nice to hear. The Compaq part number is 30-50662-01.
    >The power supply has been manufactured by AcBel. Their part number is
    >API-8767-01.

    It seems it is not what you need! The ones that we have are labeled
    API-4030, and Digital P/N: 30-43120-01...They are quite large,
    21x20x15 cm...

  9. Re: Looking for power supply/supplies for DS20e in Europe

    On Thu, 04 May 2006 23:41:49 +0200
    Mirko S Veselinovic wrote:

    > >now that is nice to hear. The Compaq part number is 30-50662-01.
    > >The power supply has been manufactured by AcBel. Their part number
    > >is API-8767-01.

    > It seems it is not what you need! The ones that we have are labeled
    > API-4030, and Digital P/N: 30-43120-01...They are quite large,
    > 21x20x15 cm...

    Nope, that doesn't sound like it could be right :-) Thanks for looking!

    Marc

  10. Re: Looking for power supply/supplies for DS20e in Europe

    Thats' for a DS20 not DS20e

    The DS20 uses a very similar one to the AS1000a and the AS1200
    The DS20e uses one that looks about the size of a half height shoe box

    David B Turner
    Island Computers US Corp
    2700 Gregory St, Suite 180
    Savannah GA 31404
    Tel: 912 447 6622 X201
    Cell: 912 447 6622 X251
    Fax: 912 201 0402
    Email: dbturner@icusc.com
    Web: http://www.islandco.com
    =====================================

    > On Thu, 04 May 2006 23:41:49 +0200
    > Mirko S Veselinovic wrote:
    >
    > > >now that is nice to hear. The Compaq part number is 30-50662-01.
    > > >The power supply has been manufactured by AcBel. Their part number
    > > >is API-8767-01.

    > > It seems it is not what you need! The ones that we have are labeled
    > > API-4030, and Digital P/N: 30-43120-01...They are quite large,
    > > 21x20x15 cm...

    > Nope, that doesn't sound like it could be right :-) Thanks for looking!
    >
    > Marc

  11. Re: Looking for power supply/supplies for DS20e in Europe

    Marc Schlensog wrote:
    > I recently got a DS20e for free, which has one defective power
    > supply/unit/module (whatchamacallit), thus the system shuts down after
    > a couple of minutes. Is there anyone in Europe who is able to help me
    > out with one or two supplies? Additionally, if anyone is having a spare
    > 667MHz CPU which isn't needed anymore, I'd be very interested in it.
    > David: as much as I like what you do to keep up the supply with
    > relatively cheap alpha hardware, you're unfortunately still way beyond
    > what I can afford. Sorry.
    >
    > TIA & regards,
    >
    > Marc

    I don't have an extra, seeing as I only bought the one. But there's a
    seller on eBay selling the 667 21264 for $20 US. Not sure what
    international shipping would be.

    Seller's name is "dynamic-components" if you're interested.

  12. Re: Looking for power supply/supplies for DS20e in Europe

    In article , DrSlinky writes:
    >Marc Schlensog wrote:
    >> I recently got a DS20e for free, which has one defective power
    >> supply/unit/module (whatchamacallit), thus the system shuts down after
    >> a couple of minutes. Is there anyone in Europe who is able to help me
    >> out with one or two supplies? Additionally, if anyone is having a spare
    >> 667MHz CPU which isn't needed anymore, I'd be very interested in it.
    >> David: as much as I like what you do to keep up the supply with
    >> relatively cheap alpha hardware, you're unfortunately still way beyond
    >> what I can afford. Sorry.
    >>
    >> TIA & regards,
    >>
    >> Marc

    >I don't have an extra, seeing as I only bought the one. But there's a
    >seller on eBay selling the 667 21264 for $20 US. Not sure what
    >international shipping would be.
    >
    >Seller's name is "dynamic-components" if you're interested.

    That looks to be just a CPU.
    I'd suspect that what is really being asked for is a CPU board.

    There is a KN310-BA DS20E 500MHZ CPU REV F06 board for sale on ebay for $300
    with free postage.

    (and a similar KN310-BD 500MHZ board from the states)

    and a couple of KN311-BA Alphaserver DS20e 677MHz boards from the US for
    $699.99 each

    There are also some DS20e power supplies ranging from $424.95 to $619.99

    Just used ebay advanced search and search for DS20e in Computing

    David Webb
    Security team leader
    CCSS
    Middlesex University