looking for used DEC hardware (D,NL,B,UK,DK,S,N,F) - DEC

This is a discussion on looking for used DEC hardware (D,NL,B,UK,DK,S,N,F) - DEC ; I almost have all I need to last me until I die, but am still looking for a few items. Right now, I'm only looking for stuff for free or for a nominal fee, though I can collect this summer ...

  1. looking for used DEC hardware (D,NL,B,UK,DK,S,N,F)

    I almost have all I need to last me until I die, but am still looking
    for a few items. Right now, I'm only looking for stuff for free or for
    a nominal fee, though I can collect this summer in Norway, Sweden,
    Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, northern France or England.

    o RZ28 SBB disks

    o RZ26 SBB disks

    o small, fast ALPHAs (21164 or faster, only desktop-size (i.e. a
    SMALL pedestal would be OK as well); I'm thinking of the
    ALPHAstation 500, the Personal Workstation, XP1000, DS10 etc

    o SCSI-cable with the strange VAXstation 3100 connector on one end
    and CENTRONICS 50 or the smaller SCSI-2 connector (like on the
    DEC 3000 LX or ALPHAstation 255) on the other end

    o RZ26 internal disks

    o BA353 "pizza box"

    o cable with sockets for keyboard and mouse so that these can be
    used on workstations which a) don't have individual connectors
    (e.g. the DEC 3000 600) or b) which are too far away for the
    normal-length keyboard and mouse cables

  2. Re: looking for used DEC hardware (D,NL,B,UK,DK,S,N,F)

    I have about 15 rz26s and 30 rz28s

    The company I work for is going to be replacing them, Ill see what I
    can work out.

  3. Re: looking for used DEC hardware (D,NL,B,UK,DK,S,N,F)

    On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 10:22:39 -0700, syslost wrote:

    > I have about 15 rz26s and 30 rz28s
    >
    > The company I work for is going to be replacing them, Ill see what I
    > can work out.

    Just out of curiosity, with what are you replacing them?

  4. Re: looking for used DEC hardware (D,NL,B,UK,DK,S,N,F)

    rz40s (rz1dd)

  5. Re: looking for used DEC hardware (D,NL,B,UK,DK,S,N,F)

    Bob Kaplow wrote:
    > [snip]

    Bob! Good to see you "out and about"!

    --
    David J Dachtera
    dba DJE Systems

    Unofficial OpenVMS Marketing Home Page
    http://www.djesys.com/vms/market/

    http://www.djesys.com/vms/soho/

    Unofficial OpenVMS-IA32 Home Page:
    http://www.djesys.com/vms/ia32/

    http://www.djesys.com/vms/support/

  6. Re: looking for used DEC hardware (D,NL,B,UK,DK,S,N,F)

    Bob,

    are you looking for rz29s?

    Bill Reynolds

  7. Re: looking for used DEC hardware (D,NL,B,UK,DK,S,N,F)

    In article <1144157685.325176.94270@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.c om>, "syslost" writes:
    > Bob,
    >
    > are you looking for rz29s?

    No, I was being silly. Or Sarcastic.

    www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org

    The titles of bills -- like those of Marx Brothers movies -- often have
    little to do with the substance of the legislation. Particularly deceptive
    are bills containing title buzz words such as emergency, reform, service,
    relief, or special. Often the emergency is of the writer's imagination; the
    reform, a protection of a vested interest; the service, self-serving; the
    relief, an additional burden on the taxpayer; and the special, something
    that otherwise shouldn't be passed. -- Pierre S. du Pont

  8. Re: looking for used DEC hardware (D,NL,B,UK,DK,S,N,F)

    that was my first thought, but I've got rz29s too.

    I'm stuck in VAX land on 6.2, the system is going away, no need for y2k
    testing...

+ Reply to Thread