Rebooting to Alpha bios - DEC

This is a discussion on Rebooting to Alpha bios - DEC ; Hi All I have Red Hat 7.2 alpha on my PWS 500a , this is set to boot automatically from the SRM when the machine is switched on. How do I stop the SRM to get back to the Alpha ...

  1. Rebooting to Alpha bios

    Hi All

    I have Red Hat 7.2 alpha on my PWS 500a , this is set to boot
    automatically from the SRM
    when the machine is switched on. How do I stop the SRM to get back to
    the Alpha Bios?

    Cheers

    Spiff

  2. Re: Rebooting to Alpha bios

    "capt spiff" writes:

    > I have Red Hat 7.2 alpha on my PWS 500a , this is set to boot
    > automatically from the SRM
    > when the machine is switched on. How do I stop the SRM to get back to
    > the Alpha Bios?

    In a Tru64unix environment just:

    # halt
    >>>set auto_action halt

    Halt may be done by ctrl+c in the early stages of booting.

    Kjell

  3. Re: Rebooting to Alpha bios

    Kjell Andresen writes:

    > "capt spiff" writes:
    >
    > > I have Red Hat 7.2 alpha on my PWS 500a , this is set to boot
    > > automatically from the SRM
    > > when the machine is switched on. How do I stop the SRM to get back to
    > > the Alpha Bios?

    > In a Tru64unix environment just:
    >
    > # halt

    Sorry, I misunderstood your question.
    See http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-HOWTO...WTO.html#AEN34

    >>> set os_type NT

    You need to do this when dealing with the i960 RAC raid controller
    also.

    Usually both ARC and SRM are installed on every system and updated by
    firmware updates, so you only need to change between them.

    To go from nt/ARC is a bit more tricky, but it is usefull when the
    battery is going low:

    - Supplementary menu
    - Set up system
    - Switch to OenVMS or Digital Unix console
    - Switch to Digital Unix

    Kjell

  4. Re: Rebooting to Alpha bios

    Hi Kjell

    I already tried to halt using the Ctrl-c Key , but it just keeps on
    booting. Is there any other way to stop the auto boot process.

    Thanks
    Spiff

  5. Re: Rebooting to Alpha bios

    Hi Kjell

    Tried the Ctrl-P key in the aboot process. it halted the boot process,
    thanks for the link, it helped.

    Cheers

    Spiff

+ Reply to Thread