Help determining what a box is... - DEC

This is a discussion on Help determining what a box is... - DEC ; Hey, i need help determining what this box is that i just bought at a yard sale. It is supposed to work. It has the "digital" logo on the front. It is some sort of SCSI Hard disk server setup. ...

  1. Help determining what a box is...

    Hey, i need help determining what this box is that i just bought at a
    yard sale. It is supposed to work. It has the "digital" logo on the
    front. It is some sort of SCSI Hard disk server setup. It has 8
    hot-plug bays with drives in them. each hotplug drive says "ULTRA SCSI"
    on the front. The sticker on the back says that the model is
    "SHD86-ZZ". I THINK that the part number is 70-31489-12 but all
    searches for the part or model number come up blank. can anyone help me
    determine what this is??

  2. Re: Help determining what a box is...

    "ianthetechie" writes:

    > Hey, i need help determining what this box is that i just bought at a
    > yard sale. It is supposed to work. It has the "digital" logo on the
    > front.

    Have you got a picture of it?
    --> http://h18002.www1.hp.com/alphaserver/archive/

    Upon your vague description it might be an Alphaserver 1000(a),
    --> http://h18002.www1.hp.com/alphaserver/archive/1000a/
    There should be some stickers on the 8 scsi disks as well,
    stating "RZ-1-BB" og RZ-29B or so.

    Kjell

  3. Re: Help determining what a box is...

    no, it isn't an alphaserver. i believe it is a SCSI Shelf in the
    StorageWorks line.

  4. Re: Help determining what a box is...

    hey, some1 emailed me and told me what it was. thanx for the help!

  5. Re: Help determining what a box is...

    "ianthetechie" writes:

    > hey, some1 emailed me and told me what it was. thanx for the help!

    Hey - don't you intent to share the solution with us?

    Kjell

+ Reply to Thread