Help with Celebris GL6200 Video - DEC

This is a discussion on Help with Celebris GL6200 Video - DEC ; I have a Celebris GL-6200, and recently it has stopped providing any video output during the POST or early boot process. Once it starts up Windows (98), the video output looks fine. I re-loaded the video driver, and I swapped ...

  1. Help with Celebris GL6200 Video

    I have a Celebris GL-6200, and recently it has stopped providing any video
    output during the POST or early boot process. Once it starts up Windows (98),
    the video output looks fine. I re-loaded the video driver, and I swapped
    monitors, but neither one made any difference. When I turn it on, I hear a
    long and then two short "beeps," and then I hear the disk spin up (and the
    floppy disk test). Everything seems to work fine, but no video.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks in advance.

    PB Schechter

  2. Re: Help with Celebris GL6200 Video

    On 18 Nov 2005 18:08:43 GMT, pb@Colorado.EDU (PB Schechter) wrote:

    With AWARD BIOS those beeps indicate "video error", so you might
    consider installing separate video card in PCI slot number one as a
    replacement video for your on-board (Matrox?) video card!

    >I have a Celebris GL-6200, and recently it has stopped providing any video
    >output during the POST or early boot process. Once it starts up Windows (98),
    >the video output looks fine. I re-loaded the video driver, and I swapped
    >monitors, but neither one made any difference. When I turn it on, I hear a
    >long and then two short "beeps," and then I hear the disk spin up (and the
    >floppy disk test). Everything seems to work fine, but no video.
    >
    >Any suggestions?

+ Reply to Thread