Need VT320 Terminal settings to hook up a MicroVax 3100-40 - DEC

This is a discussion on Need VT320 Terminal settings to hook up a MicroVax 3100-40 - DEC ; I received a MicroVAX 3100-40 (BA42B), a VT320 terminal, lk201 keyboard and a MMJ cable. (I am relatively new to this but asked some preliminary questions). Now I need to know what should the settings be on the terminal. Also ...

  1. Need VT320 Terminal settings to hook up a MicroVax 3100-40

    I received a MicroVAX 3100-40 (BA42B), a VT320 terminal, lk201 keyboard and
    a MMJ cable. (I am relatively new to this but asked some preliminary
    questions). Now I need to know what should the settings be on the terminal.
    Also some common commands (assuming the thing starts up) since I will be
    trying to find out: installed OS, hard drive size, Memory, etc.

    Thanks in advance
    Stewart Allen

    --
    http://QLiner.com

    The goal of the works of a genius' existance lies only in itself.

  2. Re: Need VT320 Terminal settings to hook up a MicroVax 3100-40

    stewart allen wrote:

    > I received a MicroVAX 3100-40 (BA42B), a VT320 terminal, lk201 keyboard and
    > a MMJ cable. (I am relatively new to this but asked some preliminary
    > questions). Now I need to know what should the settings be on the terminal.
    > Also some common commands (assuming the thing starts up) since I will be
    > trying to find out: installed OS, hard drive size, Memory, etc.

    9600, 8-none-1 should do it for you.

    The MicroVAX Console is not real helpful for finding out stuff about the
    machine unless you can find a console command reference. "SHOW DEV"
    should display all the devices that the console can "see", but may not
    be as descriptive as you might like.

    --
    David J Dachtera
    dba DJE Systems