LN17 Printer - DEC

This is a discussion on LN17 Printer - DEC ; I have an LN17 Laser printer and want to use it as a network printer which means i need to change the IP address. Unfortunately it is password protected and I do't have the password. Does anyone have any suggestion ...

  1. LN17 Printer

    I have an LN17 Laser printer and want to use it as a network printer which
    means i need to change the IP address. Unfortunately it is password
    protected and I do't have the password. Does anyone have any suggestion on
    how I can overcome this problem?

    Thanks

  2. Re: LN17 Printer

    http://www.xenya.si/sup/info/digital...R/LN17PUG2.PDF

    http://www.xenya.si/sup/info/digital...R/LN17ECG2.PDF

    The second manual has a procedure to reset the NIC. You'll have to remove
    the controller to do it. Be careful of static.

    rtt

    "Bob Richard" wrote in message
    > I have an LN17 Laser printer and want to use it as a network printer which
    > means i need to change the IP address. Unfortunately it is password
    > protected and I do't have the password. Does anyone have any suggestion on
    > how I can overcome this problem?
    >
    > Thanks

  3. Re: LN17 Printer

    Thanks Richard for your help
    "Richard Tomkins" wrote in message
    > http://www.xenya.si/sup/info/digital...R/LN17PUG2.PDF
    >
    > http://www.xenya.si/sup/info/digital...R/LN17ECG2.PDF
    >
    > The second manual has a procedure to reset the NIC. You'll have to remove
    > the controller to do it. Be careful of static.
    >
    > rtt
    >
    > "Bob Richard" wrote in message
    >> I have an LN17 Laser printer and want to use it as a network printer
    >> which
    >> means i need to change the IP address. Unfortunately it is password
    >> protected and I do't have the password. Does anyone have any suggestion
    >> on
    >> how I can overcome this problem?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > News==----
    > Newsgroups
    > =----

  4. Re: LN17 Printer

    Ah, but the question is, did it work, are you happily printing?