DECUS Fall Symposium 1968 - DEC

This is a discussion on DECUS Fall Symposium 1968 - DEC ; I have found a reference to a topic presented by A.H. Kadish at the 1968 DECUS Fall Symposium. Could someone please point me in the right direction of how I might go about finding a copy of the proceedings? Thanks~...

  1. DECUS Fall Symposium 1968

    I have found a reference to a topic presented by A.H. Kadish at the
    1968 DECUS Fall Symposium. Could someone please point me in the right
    direction of how I might go about finding a copy of the proceedings?
    Thanks~

  2. Re: DECUS Fall Symposium 1968

    wrote in message
    news:1115150841.350630.104580@g14g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    >I have found a reference to a topic presented by A.H. Kadish at the
    > 1968 DECUS Fall Symposium. Could someone please point me in the right
    > direction of how I might go about finding a copy of the proceedings?
    > Thanks~

    You might try asking Encompass, the successor organization to DECUS
    (www.encompassus.org). They "should" have archives.

    Also, ask on the DECUServe system. If you don't have an account, you can
    get one (free) by telnetting to eisner.decus.org, logging in as REGISTRATION
    (no password), and signing up for an instant account. The system uses DEC
    Notes as a conferencing tool, and the "1st Aide" or "Shop_Talk" conferences
    would be appropriate places to ask - or just pick any conference in your
    notebook, for that matter.

  3. Re: DECUS Fall Symposium 1968

    hduman@legacyglucosesensor.org wrote:

    > I have found a reference to a topic presented by A.H. Kadish at the
    > 1968 DECUS Fall Symposium. Could someone please point me in the right
    > direction of how I might go about finding a copy of the proceedings?
    > Thanks~

    Well, I found some potentially relevant references by Googling for A.H.
    Kadish. Try it and see what comes up.

    --
    David J Dachtera
    dba DJE Systems

    http://www.djesys.com/vms/support/

    http://www.djesys.com/vms/soho/

    Unofficial OpenVMS-IA32 Home Page:
    http://www.djesys.com/vms/ia32/

    Coming soon:
    Unofficial OpenVMS Marketing Home Page

  4. Re: DECUS Fall Symposium 1968

    Encompass suggested that I post the question here. Thanks for the tips,
    I'll give them a try!

  5. Re: DECUS Fall Symposium 1968

    I Googled my eyes out the other day, nothing about the 1968 symposium,
    and he didn't publish this specific data. Thanks, though!

  6. Re: DECUS Fall Symposium 1968

    wrote in message
    news:1115150841.350630.104580@g14g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
    >I have found a reference to a topic presented by A.H. Kadish at the
    > 1968 DECUS Fall Symposium. Could someone please point me in the right
    > direction of how I might go about finding a copy of the proceedings?
    > Thanks~

    Using AltaVista, I found a link to the Charles Babbage Institute at the
    University of Minnesota. It looks like they may have (had?) what you're
    looking for in their collections.
    The library home page is http://www.cbi.umn.edu/
    This page http://www.cbi.umn.edu/collections/inv/cbi00150.html is titled
    "Digital Equipment Computer Users Society Proceedings and Publications,
    1962-1992" and lists a reel of microfilm with the 1968 Proceedings. It
    can't hurt to contact them.

  7. Re: DECUS Fall Symposium 1968

    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll actually be near
    there at the end of the month!

  8. Re: DECUS Fall Symposium 1968

    In article <1115665778.127453.301320@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups. com>,
    hduman@legacyglucosesensor.org wrote:

    >THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll actually be near
    >there at the end of the month!

    You're going to be at the '68 Fall DECUS? May I hitch a ride?
    There is some material that I want to snarf away so we won't
    have lost it in 2005.

    Sorry, obviously I have no idea what the thread is about.

    /BAH

    Subtract a hundred and four for e-mail.

  9. Re: DECUS Fall Symposium 1968

    jmfbahciv@aol.com wrote:

    > In article <1115665778.127453.301320@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups. com>,
    > hduman@legacyglucosesensor.org wrote:
    >

    >>THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll actually be near
    >>there at the end of the month!

    > You're going to be at the '68 Fall DECUS? May I hitch a ride?
    > There is some material that I want to snarf away so we won't
    > have lost it in 2005.

    Then I'll quote what hduman was responding to:

    ** start quote **

    Using AltaVista, I found a link to the Charles Babbage Institute at the
    University of Minnesota. It looks like they may have (had?) what you're
    looking for in their collections.

    The library home page is http://www.cbi.umn.edu/

    This page http://www.cbi.umn.edu/collections/inv/cbi00150.html is titled

    "Digital Equipment Computer Users Society Proceedings and Publications,
    1962-1992" and lists a reel of microfilm with the 1968 Proceedings. It
    can't hurt to contact them.

    ** end quote **

    > Sorry, obviously I have no idea what the thread is about.

    You do now :-)

  10. Re: DECUS Fall Symposium 1968

    In article <3ebpqrF274h0U1@individual.net>,
    Paul Sture wrote:

    >> Sorry, obviously I have no idea what the thread is about.
    >>

    >You do now :-)

    Thank you :-). I've been there (CBI). They are willing to take
    my little pile of stuff.

    /BAH

    Subtract a hundred and four for e-mail.

+ Reply to Thread