third-party SCSI disks with VMS - DEC

This is a discussion on third-party SCSI disks with VMS - DEC ; I'm going through old hardware and checking which third-party SCSI disks seem to work. So far, I couple of Fujitsu disks seem to work fine, and also a Micropolis. The only one which doesn't seem to work is a NEC ...

  1. third-party SCSI disks with VMS

    I'm going through old hardware and checking which third-party SCSI disks
    seem to work. So far, I couple of Fujitsu disks seem to work fine, and
    also a Micropolis. The only one which doesn't seem to work is a NEC
    D3847 (part number 134-506656-301). Instead of showing up as DKA100,
    say, it shows up as DKA101, DKA102,...DKA107, both at the console and on
    VMS. (I remember seeing this once with a tape drive AT THE CONSOLE, but
    it looked and worked OK from VMS.)

    Is anyone using a NEC disk with VMS?

    Is it possible that some jumpers other than those for the SCSI-ID can
    make it work with VMS?

  2. Re: third-party SCSI disks with VMS

    In article , helbig@astro.multiCLOTHESvax.de (Phillip Helbig---remove CLOTHES to reply) writes:
    >I'm going through old hardware and checking which third-party SCSI disks
    >seem to work. So far, I couple of Fujitsu disks seem to work fine, and
    >also a Micropolis. The only one which doesn't seem to work is a NEC
    >D3847 (part number 134-506656-301). Instead of showing up as DKA100,
    >say, it shows up as DKA101, DKA102,...DKA107, both at the console and on
    >VMS. (I remember seeing this once with a tape drive AT THE CONSOLE, but
    >it looked and worked OK from VMS.)

    I had a firmware revision of a Yamaha CD-RW that did the same thing. It
    would function as loong as you used the 0 sub-lun. The others were, as
    I could refer to them, phantoms.