XP1000 beeping and leds lighiting - DEC

This is a discussion on XP1000 beeping and leds lighiting - DEC ; Hi! I have found a XP1000 in excellent cosmetic conditions without HDD,SCSI,battery and VIDEO CARD... So i have fit a Matrox Mystique,a 3V battery and a Quantum 3.2gb for testing, but when i power up,no graphics come up on the ...

  1. XP1000 beeping and leds lighiting

    Hi!

    I have found a XP1000 in excellent cosmetic conditions without
    HDD,SCSI,battery and VIDEO CARD...
    So i have fit a Matrox Mystique,a 3V battery and a Quantum 3.2gb for
    testing,
    but when i power up,no graphics come up on the monitor at all but fan /
    HDD seems to work,
    and the XP1000 beeps for 5/6 times and lighting all leds on motherboard.
    I've removed the Processor card and memorys and refit in,but no changes.

    Any suggestions for how to diagnose what is wrong ?

    thanks,
    Mario

  2. Re: XP1000 beeping and leds lighiting

    On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 14:43:07 +0000 (UTC), The Skien
    wrote:

    > Hi!
    >
    > I have found a XP1000 in excellent cosmetic conditions without
    > HDD,SCSI,battery and VIDEO CARD...
    > So i have fit a Matrox Mystique,a 3V battery and a Quantum 3.2gb for
    > testing,
    > but when i power up,no graphics come up on the monitor at all but fan /
    > HDD seems to work,
    > and the XP1000 beeps for 5/6 times and lighting all leds on motherboard.
    > I've removed the Processor card and memorys and refit in,but no changes.

    What is the LED pattern? I don't think the Matrox ia aupported, see
    http://moon.hanya-n.org/comp/alpha/hct/graphics.html
    This Linux/Tru64 oriented

    > Any suggestions for how to diagnose what is wrong ?
    >
    > thanks,
    > Mario

  3. Re: XP1000 beeping and leds lighiting

    "Tom Linden" wrote in message
    newspsoywqzgszgicya@hyrrokkin

    > What is the LED pattern? I don't think the Matrox ia aupported, see
    > http://moon.hanya-n.org/comp/alpha/hct/graphics.html
    > This Linux/Tru64 oriented

    Actually I've tryed the Matrox on a 500au and it works perfectly,
    I think that the problem of my Xp1000 is the RAM...
    but i have fit 4 new ECC dimms (that works perfectly on 500au) on the
    XP1000,
    but it powers up for 1 sec and shuts down immediately...no beeps/no leds
    nothing.
    It powers up (normally) only whitout the daughter card.

    Is somenthing (repairable) wrong on the daughter card?

    Thanks,
    Mario

  4. Re: XP1000 beeping and leds lighiting

    On Thu, 5 May 2005 17:31:01 +0000 (UTC), The Skien
    wrote:

    > "Tom Linden" wrote in message
    > newspsoywqzgszgicya@hyrrokkin
    >

    >> What is the LED pattern? I don't think the Matrox ia aupported, see
    >> http://moon.hanya-n.org/comp/alpha/hct/graphics.html
    >> This Linux/Tru64 oriented

    > Actually I've tryed the Matrox on a 500au and it works perfectly,

    I know Elsa Gloria and Computer Nine wor in the XP1000s
    > I think that the problem of my Xp1000 is the RAM...
    > but i have fit 4 new ECC dimms (that works perfectly on 500au) on the
    > XP1000,
    > but it powers up for 1 sec and shuts down immediately...no beeps/no leds
    > nothing.

    I don't know if the memory is interchangeable, they look the same. Is the
    memory
    all the same? They have to be identical in alternating positions, i.e.
    slots
    1-3-5-7 have yo be identical and 2-4-6-8 ditto.

    > It powers up (normally) only whitout the daughter card.

    I have discovered that it can be a bit touchy properly seating the
    daughter card

    Have you changed any of the DIP switches, either on the DB or MB

    > Is somenthing (repairable) wrong on the daughter card?

    Without any diagnostics (LEDs) hard to say.

    > Thanks,
    > Mario

+ Reply to Thread