SROM interface on a Jensen - DEC

This is a discussion on SROM interface on a Jensen - DEC ; Anyone know what the pinouts are for the SROM interface on a Jensen (PB22H-KB) motherboard? I am assuming the keyed 7-pin connector just south of the SROM chip itself is the SROM debug interface. I have tried tracing the lines ...

  1. SROM interface on a Jensen

    Anyone know what the pinouts are for the SROM interface on a Jensen
    (PB22H-KB) motherboard? I am assuming the keyed 7-pin connector just
    south of the SROM chip itself is the SROM debug interface. I have
    tried tracing the lines on the motherboard but only 3 pin's traces
    appear on the top or bottom of the motherboard and they disappear under
    logic chips. I am also assuming that I can hook up a serial connection
    to this to get some sort of output while the machine is booting. Since
    it always dies with diagnostic LEDs on 1011 (3210) "A machine check
    occured during the memory or cache access".

  2. Re: SROM interface on a Jensen

    Maybe find a replacement board instead? ... Ben Myers

    On 25 Mar 2005 07:37:37 -0800, "hinnersd@nycap.rr.com"
    wrote:

    >Anyone know what the pinouts are for the SROM interface on a Jensen
    >(PB22H-KB) motherboard? I am assuming the keyed 7-pin connector just
    >south of the SROM chip itself is the SROM debug interface. I have
    >tried tracing the lines on the motherboard but only 3 pin's traces
    >appear on the top or bottom of the motherboard and they disappear under
    >logic chips. I am also assuming that I can hook up a serial connection
    >to this to get some sort of output while the machine is booting. Since
    >it always dies with diagnostic LEDs on 1011 (3210) "A machine check
    >occured during the memory or cache access".

  3. Re: SROM interface on a Jensen

    ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers) wrote:
    > Maybe find a replacement board instead? ... Ben Myers

    I've got one, but I think that shipping fee does not worth the board

    L.

    --
    %DCL-F-RUIDIOT?

  4. Re: SROM interface on a Jensen

    I probably could find a replacement, but my desire is to fix this
    machine. Since it was running a few years ago, and I would like to
    know what I did to it to wreck it. That and I like hardware hacking,
    making old hardware useful, and make old hardware do new tricks. Since
    I don't have a 21064 evaluation board, I'm hoping to make do with a
    Jensen I don't use.

+ Reply to Thread