Delaware Valley LUG to Host "OpenVMS on Integrity Servers: Migrating from Alpha" - DEC

This is a discussion on Delaware Valley LUG to Host "OpenVMS on Integrity Servers: Migrating from Alpha" - DEC ; At the invitation of the Encompass Delaware Valley Local User Group, OpenVMS.org Contributing Editor Robert Gezelter will present "OpenVMS on Integrity Servers: Migrating from Alpha". The meeting will take place on Thursday afternoon, March 10, at the HP office in ...

  1. Delaware Valley LUG to Host "OpenVMS on Integrity Servers: Migrating from Alpha"

    At the invitation of the Encompass Delaware Valley Local User Group,
    OpenVMS.org Contributing Editor Robert Gezelter will present "OpenVMS
    on Integrity Servers: Migrating from Alpha". The meeting will take
    place on Thursday afternoon, March 10, at the HP office in Blue Bell,
    Pennsylvania.

    Mr. Gezelter will speak on the technical issues involved in migrating
    to OpenVMS on HP's Integrity servers. With the advent of OpenVMS on
    Integrity, OpenVMS users are undertaking a migration process that is
    similar to, yet significantly easier than, the transition that occurred
    a dozen years ago with the advent of the Alpha RISC processor.

    The strong similarities between the Alpha and Itanium 64-bit processors
    substantially simplify the migration, in contrast to the differences
    between 32-bit VAX and 64-bit Alpha. Transitioning from Alpha-based
    systems to Integrity servers is straightforward with the proper
    approach.

    Details about the location and scheduling of the meeting, together with
    RSVP information, can be found at
    http://www.rlgsc.com/encompass/phila.../announce.html

  2. Re: Delaware Valley LUG to Host "OpenVMS on Integrity Servers: Migrating from Alpha"

    Bob,

    If it wasn't such a long drive from my neck of the woods in Virginia
    I'd love to attend. Best wishes...

    Others,

    Bob and I both attended the HP/Intel Itanium Developers Forum in
    Phoenix last September. He was of significant help overcoming problems
    with the archaic build procedures for the software I was porting from
    Alpha to IA64. (I had relatively few and simple issues with source code
    itself, a fairly large amount of Fortran.)

    I expect his presentation will be quite helpful if you're getting
    started with porting to IA64 yourself.

    Regards,

    Galen

+ Reply to Thread