    Please reply to this newsgroup with prices and locations.
    Thanks.

  2. Re: WTD: as4100 bridge module

    On 2005-03-05, alphadoc wrote:
    > Does anyone have an alphaserver 4100 that is being pieced out? I am after a
    > bridge module because I believe that mine is faulty. The 2 self test leds
    > never light up.........
    > I would also like an IO board just in case......
    > Please reply to this newsgroup with prices and locations.

    While we're in the area, I'd like to convert my 4000 to a 4100 so I can add
    two more CPUs (which I already have). Anyone have a motherboard cheap?

  3. Re: as4100 bridge module

    I have since found that the 2 cpu cards are faulty. When tested in another
    machine, the boot failed at the bridge module initialisation.
    I wonder what chance there is to fix the boards?.........
    The LEDS on both boards indicate correctly, but the system bus side activity
    appears to be broken.
    Does anyone have any more information on these cards? They are B3004-AA.
    Thanks.
    "alphadoc" wrote in message
    news:4229517e$0$31619$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.a u...
    > Does anyone have an alphaserver 4100 that is being pieced out? I am after

    > bridge module because I believe that mine is faulty. The 2 self test leds
    > never light up.........
    > I would also like an IO board just in case......
    > Please reply to this newsgroup with prices and locations.
    > Thanks.

  4. Re: as4100 bridge module

    (Please don't top-post.)

    On 2005-03-06, alphadoc wrote:
    > I have since found that the 2 cpu cards are faulty. When tested in another
    > machine, the boot failed at the bridge module initialisation.
    > I wonder what chance there is to fix the boards?.........
    > The LEDS on both boards indicate correctly, but the system bus side activity
    > appears to be broken.
    > Does anyone have any more information on these cards? They are B3004-AA.

    I don't know much beyond that they're 400 MHz EV56s (21164A).

    While I was looking at my stack of boards, I discovered that I've got one
    B2004-AA (which I know is the same as the two I'm running in my 4000) and
    two B2005-AAs. They're both labeled 400 MHz 21164, 4 MB cache. Are they
    compatible in the same system? Just what is the difference?

  5. Re: as4100 bridge module

    In article <422ae51a$0$6165$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au>, "alphadoc" writes:
    > I have since found that the 2 cpu cards are faulty. When tested in another
    > machine, the boot failed at the bridge module initialisation.
    > I wonder what chance there is to fix the boards?.........
    > The LEDS on both boards indicate correctly, but the system bus side activity
    > appears to be broken.
    > Does anyone have any more information on these cards? They are B3004-AA.
    > Thanks.
    > "alphadoc" wrote in message
    > news:4229517e$0$31619$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.a u...
    >> Does anyone have an alphaserver 4100 that is being pieced out? I am after

    >> bridge module because I believe that mine is faulty. The 2 self test leds
    >> never light up.........
    >> I would also like an IO board just in case......
    >> Please reply to this newsgroup with prices and locations.
    >> Thanks.

    The slower 4000/4100 CPU boards are frequently available on ebay fairly
    cheap. There is currently a B3004-DA (466 MHz) with bidding at $9.99.

    George Cook
    WVNET

+ Reply to Thread