ShirKahn wrote:
> Forgive me if this sound like a dumb question.
> My trusty ol' DEC monitor's magic smoke all went away. I can find
> monitors on Ebay for it but the shipping ends up being almost
> prohibitive. Can I use a standard Sun 13w3 cabled monitor on my
> Vaxstaion and if I can, what about running it through a KVM or monitor
> switch?

Chris,

Some of the higher-end PC monitors from the mid to late '90s had BNC jacks
and could use a variety of synchronization standards, including sync on
green. Iiyama, Viewsonic, and Sony made models that work great with DEC
boxes.

The BNC jacks seem to have vanished from late model monitors; I am not sure
whether any of them can still do sync on green. I personally use Iiyama
monitors on Alpha boxes, as well as 3100 and 4000 series VAX systems.

Jeff.
--
Jeff Shirley
spam-aholic@mindspring.com