Need help with formatting RD53 and installing Micro RSX - DEC

This is a discussion on Need help with formatting RD53 and installing Micro RSX - DEC ; Hi, I have a Micro PDP-11 running Micro RSX. A while back the hard disk crashed. I had the disk rebuilt, but the rebuilt disk is not formatted. What I need to do is to have the hard disk re-formatted ...

  1. Need help with formatting RD53 and installing Micro RSX

    Hi,

    I have a Micro PDP-11 running Micro RSX. A while back the hard disk
    crashed. I had the disk rebuilt, but the rebuilt disk is not
    formatted. What I need to do is to have the hard disk re-formatted and
    have Micro RSX installed. (I also need KERMIT installed under Micro
    RSX.) I understand (thank you Alan) that I need a bootable XXDP
    floppy disk with the disk formatting program. If you can help me, or
    tell me where I can find help, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you.

    Hard disk: RD53
    Hard disk controller: M7555

    S. Huang
    Physics
    Southwest Missouri State University

  2. Re: Need help with formatting RD53 and installing Micro RSX

    winvicta@yahoo.com wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a Micro PDP-11 running Micro RSX. A while back the hard disk
    > crashed. I had the disk rebuilt, but the rebuilt disk is not
    > formatted. What I need to do is to have the hard disk re-formatted and
    > have Micro RSX installed. (I also need KERMIT installed under Micro
    > RSX.) I understand (thank you Alan) that I need a bootable XXDP
    > floppy disk with the disk formatting program. If you can help me, or
    > tell me where I can find help, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you.
    >
    > Hard disk: RD53
    > Hard disk controller: M7555
    >
    > S. Huang
    > Physics
    > Southwest Missouri State University

    Sir:

    I have XXDP on TK50, will that help?

    TomC

  3. Re: Need help with formatting RD53 and installing Micro RSX

    winvicta@yahoo.com wrote:

    > What I need to do is to have the hard disk re-formatted

    IIRC the VAXStation 2000 (or MicroVAX 2000) can format RD-drives from
    the >>> prompt.

    --
    Alex.

+ Reply to Thread