KZPBA / TZ87 - DEC

This is a discussion on KZPBA / TZ87 - DEC ; A TZ87 is sengle ended, and a KZPBA is a differental SCSI card. Is there any way to convert the signal, or has anybody gotten these two to work together?...

  1. KZPBA / TZ87

    A TZ87 is sengle ended, and a KZPBA is a differental SCSI card. Is
    there any way to convert the signal, or has anybody gotten these two
    to work together?

  2. Re: KZPBA / TZ87

    DEC and others did make SE-Differential adapters, but I forget which way they
    went, i.e. whether the SCSI controller was expected to be SE or differential.

    The KZPBA implies an Alpha part. Why not get a single ended SCSI host adapter
    known to work on your Alpha system?

    .... Ben Myers

    On 18 Feb 2005 11:02:19 -0800, glazier@gmail.com (Rich) wrote:

    >A TZ87 is sengle ended, and a KZPBA is a differental SCSI card. Is
    >there any way to convert the signal, or has anybody gotten these two
    >to work together?

  3. Re: KZPBA / TZ87

    Rich wrote:
    > A TZ87 is sengle ended, and a KZPBA is a differental SCSI card. Is
    > there any way to convert the signal, or has anybody gotten these two
    > to work together?

    In years long past I've seen SE-to-HVD converters used with at least SCSI
    HD's, so it's theoretically possible. At the same time the DLT drives that
    I'm familiar with have different boards depending on if they're SE, or HVD.

    I'd really recommend against plugging the TZ87 into the KZPBA to see what
    will happen. The cheapest, easiest solution might be to get a KZPAA SE
    Narrow SCSI card. BTW, I thought the KZPBA was UW-SCSI, and the KZPSA was
    HVD-SCSI.

    Years ago we used to connect HVD tape libraries to SE adapters using a
    SE-to-HVD converter, and that worked quite well.

    Zane

  4. Re: KZPBA / TZ87

    http://www.paralan.com/sd10.html

    --
    Rich Alderson | /"\ ASCII ribbon |
    news@alderson.users.panix.com | \ / campaign against |

  5. Re: KZPBA / TZ87

    Rich wrote:
    > A TZ87 is sengle ended, and a KZPBA is a differental SCSI card. Is
    > there any way to convert the signal, or has anybody gotten these two
    > to work together?

    I haven't tried it, but I would expect a DWZZA to work.

    If you have a TZ87-VA, get a DWZZA-VA and plug it into the Storageworks
    shelf.

    If you have an external TZ87, get a DWZZA-AA.

    Good luck!

    Chris Scheers, Applied Synergy, Inc.

    Voice: 817-237-3360 Internet: chris@applied-synergy.com
    Fax: 817-237-3074

  6. Re: KZPBA / TZ87

    On 18 Feb 2005, glazier@gmail.com (Rich) posted some
    news:31997629.0502181102.26f113aa@posting.google.c om:

    > A TZ87 is sengle ended, and a KZPBA is a differental SCSI card. Is
    > there any way to convert the signal, or has anybody gotten these two
    > to work together?

    DWZZA-AA 8 BIT DIFF to 8 BIT SE SCSI-2 signal converter.

  7. Re: KZPBA / TZ87

    Buy a KZPBA-CA from us for $50
    That is single ended - you'll also need a 68Pin to 50 Pin External cable $60

    DT

    David B Turner
    Island Computers US Corp
    2700 Gregory St, Suite 180
    Savannah GA 31404
    Tel: 912 447 6622 X201
    Mobile: 912 447 6622 X251
    Fax: 912 201 0402
    Email: dbturner@icusc.com
    Web: http://www.islandco.com
    "Rich" wrote in message
    news:31997629.0502181102.26f113aa@posting.google.c om...
    > A TZ87 is sengle ended, and a KZPBA is a differental SCSI card. Is
    > there any way to convert the signal, or has anybody gotten these two
    > to work together?

+ Reply to Thread