AS4100 memory B3030-ET - DEC

This is a discussion on AS4100 memory B3030-ET - DEC ; I am looking to fire up an alphaserver 4100 built from parts aquired over a period of time, and only have 1 memory board. I have discovered that I need 2 to proceed. Can anyone help? I am after a ...

  1. AS4100 memory B3030-ET

    I am looking to fire up an alphaserver 4100 built from parts aquired over a
    period of time, and only have 1 memory board. I have discovered that I need
    2 to proceed. Can anyone help? I am after a B3030-ET 256Mb ram card to suit
    AS4000 & AS4100, to match the one I already have, but would consider a pair
    of anything else.
    Please reply to the group with what you have, and what the price is.
    At a guess, I would say the card weighs 2 pounds (1kg) for considering the
    postage cost.
    Thanks.

  2. Re: AS4100 memory B3030-ET

    "alphadoc" schreef in bericht
    news:41ff50f4$0$14082$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.a u...
    > I am looking to fire up an alphaserver 4100 built from parts aquired over

    > period of time, and only have 1 memory board. I have discovered that I

    need
    > 2 to proceed. Can anyone help? I am after a B3030-ET 256Mb ram card to

    suit
    > AS4000 & AS4100, to match the one I already have, but would consider a

    pair
    > of anything else.
    > Please reply to the group with what you have, and what the price is.
    > At a guess, I would say the card weighs 2 pounds (1kg) for considering the
    > postage cost.
    > Thanks.

    Have a look at eBay, 4100 parts are occasionally available.
    Note that the Digital Server 7305 uses the same hardware (memory, processor
    and backplane etc.)

    Hans

  3. Re: AS4100 memory B3030-ET

    The only B3030-* listed on Ebay at the moment is this:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

    Only 8 hours to go and no prior bids. $395 might be a bit pricey and if
    you're not in the States then you're SOL as the seller won't ship
    international.

  4. Re: AS4100 memory B3030-ET

    schreef in bericht
    news:1107408601.443502.51940@o13g2000cwo.googlegro ups.com...
    > The only B3030-* listed on Ebay at the moment is this:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

    > Only 8 hours to go and no prior bids. $395 might be a bit pricey and if
    > you're not in the States then you're SOL as the seller won't ship
    > international.

    The price is indeed somewhat high. The seller however may be willing to ship
    internationally provided that the buyer has a good track record. Shipping
    instructions that read "Will ship to United States." are usually willing to
    ship to Europe, provided you pay the increased shipping rate.

    Hans

+ Reply to Thread