Help identifying this DEC board? - DEC

This is a discussion on Help identifying this DEC board? - DEC ; Anybody have any idea what system this goes to? Thanks in advance. Kurt http://www.gis.net/~jkmarden/pics/BE3.JPG...

  1. Help identifying this DEC board?

    Anybody have any idea what system this goes to?
    Thanks in advance.
    Kurt

    http://www.gis.net/~jkmarden/pics/BE3.JPG

  2. Re: Help identifying this DEC board?

    "K. Marden" wrote in message
    > Anybody have any idea what system this goes to?
    > Thanks in advance.

    If my memory still works, looks like the add-on memory board for a MicroVAX
    3100-10/20. The two connectors plugged into the edge of the motherboard, in
    front.
    Jack Pea****

  3. Re: Help identifying this DEC board?

    In article <35l8msF4mvcoaU1@individual.net>, "K. Marden" writes:
    > Anybody have any idea what system this goes to?
    > Thanks in advance.
    > Kurt
    >

    > http://www.gis.net/~jkmarden/pics/BE3.JPG

    Looks a bit like the 12M memory board that's in my MV-2000. Perhaps a
    similar memory board for something of that vintage.

    DEC boards usually have a part number and even a description somewhere on
    the perimeter of the etch if you look around.

    Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L TRA # "Impeach the TRA BoD"
    >>> To reply, remove the TRABoD! <<<

    Kaplow Klips & Baffle: http://nira-rocketry.org/LeadingEdge/Phantom4000.pdf
    www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org

    "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, except
    to encourage attendance in Christian churches; or prohibiting the free
    exercise thereof, except to require prayer in schools; or abridging the
    freedom of speech, except for those questioning the Bush administration; or
    of the press, except that not owned by Rupert Murdoch; or the right of the
    people peaceably to assemble, except those protesting pre-emptive wars; and
    to petition the government for a redress of grievance, except those we don't
    like." -former U.S. Sen. Gary Hart

  4. Re: Help identifying this DEC board?

    "Jack Pea****" writes:

    > "K. Marden" wrote in message

    >> Anybody have any idea what system this goes to?
    >> Thanks in advance.

    > If my memory still works, looks like the add-on memory board for a
    > MicroVAX 3100-10/20. The two connectors plugged into the edge of
    > the motherboard, in front.

    No, the 3100 boards are about 2 1/2:1 length to width, and the
    connectors are further apart and about symetric. More probable is a uV
    2000 memory expansion. There should be a description in the etch near
    the edge somewhere.

    --
    Paul Repacholi 1 Crescent Rd.,
    +61 (08) 9257-1001 Kalamunda.