I am looking for cheap or free vaxstations, decstations, or alphastations - DEC

This is a discussion on I am looking for cheap or free vaxstations, decstations, or alphastations - DEC ; I am a recovering unemployed computer professional who is looking for jobs. One of the skills I would like to refresh on is VMS. Does anyone have any sort of old DEC workstation (or server) that they'd be willing to ...

  1. I am looking for cheap or free vaxstations, decstations, or alphastations

    I am a recovering unemployed computer professional who is looking for
    jobs. One of the skills I would like to refresh on is VMS.

    Does anyone have any sort of old DEC workstation (or server) that
    they'd be willing to part with for free or a small fee? I'll cover
    shipping to US ZIP 14505 if anyone can help me out.

    Email replies to eric.loyd@gmail.com, please. Thank you.

    -Eric

  2. Re: I am looking for cheap or free vaxstations, decstations, or alphastations

    On 19 Nov 2004 08:10:41 -0800, Eric Loyd wrote:

    > I am a recovering unemployed computer professional who is looking for
    > jobs. One of the skills I would like to refresh on is VMS.
    >
    > Does anyone have any sort of old DEC workstation (or server) that
    > they'd be willing to part with for free or a small fee? I'll cover
    > shipping to US ZIP 14505 if anyone can help me out.
    >
    > Email replies to eric.loyd@gmail.com, please. Thank you.

    If you have a PC or Linux, why not try Simh?

    > -Eric

  3. Re: I am looking for cheap or free vaxstations, decstations, or alphastations

    In article <6c905686.0411190810.6463894c@posting.google.com>, Eric.Loyd@gmail.com (Eric Loyd) writes:
    > I am a recovering unemployed computer professional who is looking for
    > jobs. One of the skills I would like to refresh on is VMS.
    >
    > Does anyone have any sort of old DEC workstation (or server) that
    > they'd be willing to part with for free or a small fee? I'll cover
    > shipping to US ZIP 14505 if anyone can help me out.
    >
    > Email replies to eric.loyd@gmail.com, please. Thank you.

    Frequently seen on eBay, sold used at local colleges, etc.

    Just make sure you get a VAX or an Alpha, DEC made lots of
    computers that can't run VMS.

  4. Re: I am looking for cheap or free vaxstations, decstations, or alphastations

    eric
    if you don't mind cosmetic damage, I have some alpha pws500au
    you canhave one for $150
    no graphics cards though
    includes cdrom and 128mb memory
    us shipping costs about $45

    DT

    --
    Island Computers US Corp
    2700 Gregory St Suite 180

    "Eric Loyd" wrote in message
    news:6c905686.0411190810.6463894c@posting.google.c om...
    > I am a recovering unemployed computer professional who is looking for
    > jobs. One of the skills I would like to refresh on is VMS.
    >
    > Does anyone have any sort of old DEC workstation (or server) that
    > they'd be willing to part with for free or a small fee? I'll cover
    > shipping to US ZIP 14505 if anyone can help me out.
    >
    > Email replies to eric.loyd@gmail.com, please. Thank you.
    >
    > -Eric

  5. Re: I am looking for cheap or free vaxstations, decstations, or alphastations

    My name is Ruben Flores I own a Shipping company in Texas and will give
    a cheaper price that no one can match. We can save 50 percent off UPS
    and FED-ex prices. We can ship anywhere in the world at anytime. If
    you need a quote please feel free to call at 210-364-5333 or e-mail at
    jjt13...@hotmail.com. We will need to know the weight, where it is
    going and how fast you want it there.
    If interested please contact me.

+ Reply to Thread