alpha 2100, post/self test memory problems - DEC

This is a discussion on alpha 2100, post/self test memory problems - DEC ; Hello; I bought a dec 2100 5/250 off of an ebay liquidator. They claimed it booted up, but that might have been them just seeing blinkin lights. It caame with a2 cpus's and 4 slots of memory (2GB).. Plus lots ...

  1. alpha 2100, post/self test memory problems

    Hello;
    I bought a dec 2100 5/250 off of an ebay liquidator. They claimed it
    booted up, but that might have been them just seeing blinkin lights.
    It caame with a2 cpus's and 4 slots of memory (2GB).. Plus lots of
    cards I dont need ( couple fibre hba's and atm card, anyone
    interested?)

    Anyway, it passes the cpu's but fails on the memory initial test. I've
    tried reseating cards, putting them in different slots, putting each
    card in only, but still fails the memory. It seems a little unlikely
    that all the memory cards are hosed. Anybody have a clue?

    Thanks
    ed

  2. Re: alpha 2100, post/self test memory problems

    Answering my own question -
    Found that I have to turn off the power switches in the rear (both)
    every time hardware changes/gets reseated. helps to read the owners
    manual on these puppies.

+ Reply to Thread