Can any one help - DEC

This is a discussion on Can any one help - DEC ; I'm trying to get a storage works box to work on my pc. The kits is a SBA356-KG complete with a BA35X-MH personality module The disks are seen by my scsi card but are not being placed in the drive ...

  1. Can any one help

    I'm trying to get a storage works box to work on my pc.

    The kits is a SBA356-KG complete with a BA35X-MH personality module

    The disks are seen by my scsi card but are not being placed in the drive
    list of my OS which is WinNt4.0 , now I have been told for this to work
    properly I need a BA35X-ME 16-bit active terminator, but I've also been
    told that to enclosure can be configured to self terminate.

    Any thoughts would be welcome

    Regards
    Andrew

  2. Re: Can any one help

    For NT to see any disk, it must be partitioned and formatted in
    the NT format. Is it?

    -Chuck

    Info wrote:
    > I'm trying to get a storage works box to work on my pc.
    >
    > The kits is a SBA356-KG complete with a BA35X-MH personality module
    >
    > The disks are seen by my scsi card but are not being placed in the drive
    > list of my OS which is WinNt4.0 , now I have been told for this to work
    > properly I need a BA35X-ME 16-bit active terminator, but I've also been
    > told that to enclosure can be configured to self terminate.
    >
    > Any thoughts would be welcome
    >

    > Regards
    > Andrew

  3. Re: Can any one help

    So could could this explain why it's not showing in the SCSI device
    list, because of the way WinNT collates it's disk info at boot up ?

    So to get round this problem do a low level format first ?
    Andrew

    Chuck Harris wrote:
    > For NT to see any disk, it must be partitioned and formatted in
    > the NT format. Is it?
    >
    > -Chuck
    >
    > Info wrote:
    >
    >> I'm trying to get a storage works box to work on my pc.
    >>
    >> The kits is a SBA356-KG complete with a BA35X-MH personality module
    >>
    >> The disks are seen by my scsi card but are not being placed in the
    >> drive list of my OS which is WinNt4.0 , now I have been told for this
    >> to work properly I need a BA35X-ME 16-bit active terminator, but I've
    >> also been told that to enclosure can be configured to self terminate.
    >>
    >> Any thoughts would be welcome
    >>

    >> Regards
    >> Andrew

  4. Re: Can any one help

    Format it using the utility of your scsi card
    Rainer

    Info schrieb:

    > So could could this explain why it's not showing in the SCSI device
    > list, because of the way WinNT collates it's disk info at boot up ?
    >
    > So to get round this problem do a low level format first ?
    > Andrew
    >
    > Chuck Harris wrote:
    > > For NT to see any disk, it must be partitioned and formatted in
    > > the NT format. Is it?
    > >
    > > -Chuck
    > >
    > > Info wrote:
    > >
    > >> I'm trying to get a storage works box to work on my pc.
    > >>
    > >> The kits is a SBA356-KG complete with a BA35X-MH personality module
    > >>
    > >> The disks are seen by my scsi card but are not being placed in the
    > >> drive list of my OS which is WinNt4.0 , now I have been told for this
    > >> to work properly I need a BA35X-ME 16-bit active terminator, but I've
    > >> also been told that to enclosure can be configured to self terminate.
    > >>
    > >> Any thoughts would be welcome
    > >>

    > >> Regards
    > >> Andrew

+ Reply to Thread