WTB/WTG: unusable Alpha CPU - DEC

This is a discussion on WTB/WTG: unusable Alpha CPU - DEC ; As I'm collecting CPUs too (have Z80, 286, 386, 486, Pentium, MIPS R4k, UltraSparc (also m68k with FPU, but they still work in Amiga, also 040 from my ex-Quadra Mac), I would like to ask you to help me obtain ...

  1. WTB/WTG: unusable Alpha CPU

    As I'm collecting CPUs too (have Z80, 286, 386, 486, Pentium, MIPS
    R4k, UltraSparc (also m68k with FPU, but they still work in Amiga,
    also 040
    from my ex-Quadra Mac), I would like to ask you to help me obtain an
    Alpha!

    It can be malfunctioning, it can be unusable, however it should have
    good visual condition,

    Thanks in advance,

    Rambo

  2. Re: WTB/WTG: unusable Alpha CPU

    In article , m_roguski@yahoo.com (Marcin 'Rambo' Roguski) writes:
    > As I'm collecting CPUs too (have Z80, 286, 386, 486, Pentium, MIPS
    > R4k, UltraSparc (also m68k with FPU, but they still work in Amiga,
    > also 040
    > from my ex-Quadra Mac), I would like to ask you to help me obtain an
    > Alpha!
    >
    > It can be malfunctioning, it can be unusable, however it should have
    > good visual condition,

    Do you want a board, a chip, or the silicon wafer? If you contact your local
    DEC/HP sales folks, or a VMS ambasador, or the like, they made some nice EV7
    keychains with the wafer embedded in acrylic. This was a year or so ago, but
    there are still some floating around.

    Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L TRA # "Impeach the TRA BoD"
    >>> To reply, remove the TRABoD! <<<

    Kaplow Klips & Baffle: http://nira-rocketry.org/LeadingEdge/Phantom4000.pdf
    www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org

    26-October, 2001: A day that will live in infamy
    Support Freedom: http://www.indefenseoffreedom.org/

    Voting for "the lesser of two evils" is still voting for evil.

  3. Re: WTB/WTG: unusable Alpha CPU

    > Do you want a board, a chip, or the silicon wafer?

    Chips, but with the wafer it's quite cool idea thanks!

+ Reply to Thread