looking for a converter - DEC

This is a discussion on looking for a converter - DEC ; To: Comp.Sys.Dec I'm trying to get my micro-vax II connected directly to the rest of my lan, iliminating a old pc I have between the vax and the rest of the machines going from thinwire to cat5. So I'm looking ...

  1. looking for a converter

    To: Comp.Sys.Dec
    I'm trying to get my micro-vax II connected directly to the rest of my
    lan, iliminating a old pc I have between the vax and the rest of the
    machines going from thinwire to cat5. So I'm looking for either a
    aui->cat5 tranciever or a 10-base2 to 10 baset tranciever. I have no
    preference between the two.

    I'm located in the northeastern US. if anyone has something contact me at
    alex_snow@gmx.net

    --- Synchronet 3.11c-Linux NewsLink 1.76
    alex's BBS - telnet://alexbbs.dyndns.org

  2. Re: looking for a converter

    Alex wrote:
    > To: Comp.Sys.Dec
    > I'm trying to get my micro-vax II connected directly to the rest of my
    > lan, iliminating a old pc I have between the vax and the rest of the
    > machines going from thinwire to cat5. So I'm looking for either a
    > aui->cat5 tranciever or a 10-base2 to 10 baset tranciever. I have no
    > preference between the two.

    I see them on eBay all the time. The last one I bought
    was brand new in the original box for $9.95.

    Alan

  3. Re: looking for a converter

    Alex wrote:

    > To: Comp.Sys.Dec
    > I'm trying to get my micro-vax II connected directly to the rest of my
    > lan, iliminating a old pc I have between the vax and the rest of the
    > machines going from thinwire to cat5. So I'm looking for either a
    > aui->cat5 tranciever or a 10-base2 to 10 baset tranciever. I have no
    > preference between the two.
    >
    > I'm located in the northeastern US. if anyone has something contact me at
    > alex_snow@gmx.net

    Have you tried:

    http://www.blackbox.com/

    http://www.cdw.com/

    http://www.compusa.com/

    --
    David J Dachtera
    dba DJE Systems

    http://www.djesys.com/vms/support/

    http://www.djesys.com/vms/soho/

  4. Re: looking for a converter

    In article <416324EA.529.dec@alexbbs.dyndns.org>,
    Alex wrote:
    > To: Comp.Sys.Dec
    >I'm trying to get my micro-vax II connected directly to the rest of my
    >lan, iliminating a old pc I have between the vax and the rest of the
    >machines going from thinwire to cat5. So I'm looking for either a
    >aui->cat5 tranciever or a 10-base2 to 10 baset tranciever. I have no
    >preference between the two.

    Another way to do it is to find an older 10BaseT hub with one thinwire
    port. They used to be very common. Much easier to find than the
    10Base2 to 10BaseT media converter, and a lot less expensive too.

    In fact, I could send you one (6 ports 10BaseT, 1 port 10Base2) for
    the cost of the shipping. You would have to provide your own 12V
    wall-wart power supply.

    carl

    carl
    --
    carl lowenstein marine physical lab u.c. san diego
    clowenst@ucsd.edu

  5. Re: looking for a converter

    "Alex" writes:
    > To: Comp.Sys.Dec
    > I'm trying to get my micro-vax II connected directly to the rest of my
    > lan, iliminating a old pc I have between the vax and the rest of the
    > machines going from thinwire to cat5. So I'm looking for either a
    > aui->cat5 tranciever or a 10-base2 to 10 baset tranciever. I have no
    > preference between the two.
    >
    > I'm located in the northeastern US. if anyone has something contact me at
    > alex_snow@gmx.net

    If you haven't heard from anyone else, email me. I doubt they are
    CAT5 but I have some 10baseT transcievers (new, still in the box).

    bill

    University of Scranton |
    Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include

  6. Re: looking for a converter

    In article <416339F9.5070004@flying-disk.com>,
    Alan Frisbie writes:
    > Alex wrote:
    >> To: Comp.Sys.Dec
    >> I'm trying to get my micro-vax II connected directly to the rest of my
    >> lan, iliminating a old pc I have between the vax and the rest of the
    >> machines going from thinwire to cat5. So I'm looking for either a
    >> aui->cat5 tranciever or a 10-base2 to 10 baset tranciever. I have no
    >> preference between the two.

    > I see them on eBay all the time. The last one I bought
    > was brand new in the original box for $9.95.

    Too bad you didn't ask here first. I still have a pretty good stock
    of them.

    bill

    University of Scranton |
    Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include

  7. Re: looking for a converter

    On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 18:49:14 -0500, Alex wrote:

    > To: Comp.Sys.Dec
    > I'm trying to get my micro-vax II connected directly to the rest of my
    > lan, iliminating a old pc I have between the vax and the rest of the
    > machines going from thinwire to cat5. So I'm looking for either a
    > aui->cat5 tranciever or a 10-base2 to 10 baset tranciever. I have no
    > preference between the two.
    >
    > I'm located in the northeastern US. if anyone has something contact me at
    > alex_snow@gmx.net
    >
    > --- Synchronet 3.11c-Linux NewsLink 1.76
    > alex's BBS - telnet://alexbbs.dyndns.org

    See MID: 10lbc6e2a68vm99@corp.supernews.com down the group a bit. It was an
    article posted by "Matt Carpenter" where he is
    giving away such a thing.
    Perhaps you should drop him a mail.
    Adam

+ Reply to Thread