Need Service manual for TSZ07 Tape Drive - DEC

This is a discussion on Need Service manual for TSZ07 Tape Drive - DEC ; I have a tabletop TSZ07 that did not completely survive its shipping from its previous owner to me. It does not show up as a device on my 4000-105A but other SCSI devices (the internal CDRom and an external CDRom) ...

  1. Need Service manual for TSZ07 Tape Drive

    I have a tabletop TSZ07 that did not completely survive its shipping from
    its previous owner to me. It does not show up as a device on my 4000-105A
    but other SCSI devices (the internal CDRom and an external CDRom) do.

    I was hoping that someone has scanned the service manual for this to PDF and
    put it online somewhere... If not, then perhaps some kind person could
    consider loaning me one briefly, or finally, perhaps someone has one to
    sell?

    I HAVE a PDF copy of the owners/installation manual EK-TSZ07-IN-003.

    Replies offgroup will be welcome, see my (slightly munged) address below.

    Thanks,
    Stuart Johnson
    ssj152 AT charter DOT net

  2. Re: Need Service manual for TSZ07 Tape Drive

    !
    !I was hoping that someone has scanned the service manual for this to PDF and
    !put it online somewhere... If not, then perhaps some kind person could
    !consider loaning me one briefly, or finally, perhaps someone has one to
    !sell?
    !

    Check here:

    http://deathrow.vistech.net/~cvisors/dec94mds/

    The good folks at Deathrow got a contribution from a former DECcie. the
    following document is on this site:

    EK-TSZ07-TM-003 TSZ07 Tape Drive Technical Manual
    !snip!

    Bradford J. Hamilton "All opinions are my own"
    bMradAhamiPltSon-at-coMmcAast.nPeSt "Lose the MAPS, and replace '-at-'
    with @"

  3. Re: Need Service manual for TSZ07 Tape Drive

    writes:
    > !I have a tabletop TSZ07 that did not completely survive its shipping from
    > !its previous owner to me. It does not show up as a device on my 4000-105A
    > !but other SCSI devices (the internal CDRom and an external CDRom) do.
    >
    > SNIP
    > !
    >
    > Check here:
    >
    > http://deathrow.vistech.net/~cvisors/dec94mds/
    >
    > The good folks at Deathrow got a contribution from a former DECcie. the
    > following document is on this site:
    >
    > EK-TSZ07-TM-003 TSZ07 Tape Drive Technical Manual
    > !snip!
    >
    > __________________________________________________ ________________________
    > Bradford J. Hamilton "All opinions are my own"
    > bMradAhamiPltSon-at-coMmcAast.nPeSt "Lose the MAPS, and replace '-at-'
    > with @"

    Many thanks!
    Stuart

  4. Re: Need Service manual for TSZ07 Tape Drive

    What is the OEM make and model of the TSZ07? More importantly, what is the tape
    format? QIC? DDS? etc? It might be simpler in the long run to replace the
    drive, rather than repair it... Ben Myers

    On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 17:43:27 -0500, "ssj152 \(stuart\)" net> wrote:

    >I have a tabletop TSZ07 that did not completely survive its shipping from
    >its previous owner to me. It does not show up as a device on my 4000-105A
    >but other SCSI devices (the internal CDRom and an external CDRom) do.
    >
    >I was hoping that someone has scanned the service manual for this to PDF and
    >put it online somewhere... If not, then perhaps some kind person could
    >consider loaning me one briefly, or finally, perhaps someone has one to
    >sell?
    >
    >I HAVE a PDF copy of the owners/installation manual EK-TSZ07-IN-003.
    >
    >Replies offgroup will be welcome, see my (slightly munged) address below.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Stuart Johnson
    >ssj152 AT charter DOT net

  5. Re: Need Service manual for TSZ07 Tape Drive

    Ben Myers wrote:

    > What is the OEM make and model of the TSZ07? More importantly, what is the tape
    > format? QIC? DDS? etc? It might be simpler in the long run to replace the
    > drive, rather than repair it... Ben Myers

    It's a half-inch, 9-track, open reel drive.

    --
    David J Dachtera
    dba DJE Systems

    http://www.djesys.com/vms/support/

    http://www.djesys.com/vms/soho/

  6. Re: Need Service manual for TSZ07 Tape Drive

    wrote in message
    > What is the OEM make and model of the TSZ07? More importantly, what is

    the tape
    > format? QIC? DDS? etc? It might be simpler in the long run to replace

    the
    > drive, rather than repair it... Ben Myers
    >
    >SNIP

    Ben,

    Thanks for the suggestion, but I want to keep the drive if at all possible.
    I purchased it as working and I suspect that something has shaken loose in
    the trip to my house. It loads tapes, etc. but the SCSI interface doesn't
    show up on my 4000-105A when I tested it. The previous owner had just
    connected it to a PC and swore that it worked OK for him. The thing is HEAVY
    and the shipping container was pretty beaten up when I got it, thus the
    conclusion about shipping problems.

    There is another on ePay that I'm looking at (change that to just bought),
    either as a replacement or as a source of spare parts.

    Stuart Johnson

+ Reply to Thread