Value of VAX ft810 - DEC

This is a discussion on Value of VAX ft810 - DEC ; How much is a VAX ft810 worth? Who might want to buy one? We have one to part with with... TF85 20 disks (diax) TF857 Thanks....

  1. Value of VAX ft810

    How much is a VAX ft810 worth?

    Who might want to buy one?

    We have one to part with with...

    TF85
    20 disks (diax)
    TF857

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Value of VAX ft810

    Alan E. Feldman wrote:

    > How much is a VAX ft810 worth?

    It is hard to tell. I don't know how big vaxft 810 is. Big vax 6610s were
    sold for around $50 on ebay (maybe because of the fact that they are big
    and expensive to move). Small vax 4000 90/96s went to several handreds. But
    vaxft 810 is unique (fault tolerant), so somebody might want to pay more,
    or much more if resellers really want it.

    vax, 9000

    > Who might want to buy one?
    >
    > We have one to part with with...
    >
    > TF85
    > 20 disks (diax)
    > TF857
    >
    > Thanks.

  3. Re: Value of VAX ft810

    WOW!
    Is the system functional/operational?
    A Fault Tolerant VAX is a rare bird indeed.
    Do the serial numbers on the cabinets begin with KA? If so I may have worked
    on it.

    This is a true hardware based Fault Tolerant system.

    The system runs OpenVMS with a small optional package to make the fault
    tolerant hardware work. Once that is installed, all software that runs on it
    is fault tolerant, completely. No funny link libraries or special software
    packages to build into your code.

    rtt

    "Alan E. Feldman" wrote in message
    news:b096a4ee.0409301223.7827d41f@posting.google.c om...
    > How much is a VAX ft810 worth?
    >
    > Who might want to buy one?
    >
    > We have one to part with with...
    >
    > TF85
    > 20 disks (diax)
    > TF857
    >
    > Thanks.

  4. Re: Value of VAX ft810

    "vax, 9000" wrote in message news:...
    > Alan E. Feldman wrote:
    >
    > > How much is a VAX ft810 worth?

    > It is hard to tell. I don't know how big vaxft 810 is. Big vax 6610s were
    > sold for around $50 on ebay (maybe because of the fact that they are big
    > and expensive to move). Small vax 4000 90/96s went to several handreds. But
    > vaxft 810 is unique (fault tolerant), so somebody might want to pay more,
    > or much more if resellers really want it.
    >
    > vax, 9000
    >

    > > Who might want to buy one?
    > >
    > > We have one to part with with...
    > >
    > > TF85
    > > 20 disks (diax)
    > > TF857
    > >
    > > Thanks.

    Another suggestion: a central site (no Ebay) where everyone here can
    sell/buy/post informations about these old systems.

    I suggest: OpenVMS.org :-)

    Regards

    FC

  5. Re: Value of VAX ft810

    taking a quick check in the 1994 SOC, a vaxft 810 is a big beast,
    in the same cabinet as a vax 6000, not counting the disks.

    isildur

    On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, Fabio Cardoso wrote:

    > "vax, 9000" wrote in message news:...
    >> Alan E. Feldman wrote:
    >>
    >>> How much is a VAX ft810 worth?

    >> It is hard to tell. I don't know how big vaxft 810 is. Big vax 6610s were
    >> sold for around $50 on ebay (maybe because of the fact that they are big
    >> and expensive to move). Small vax 4000 90/96s went to several handreds. But
    >> vaxft 810 is unique (fault tolerant), so somebody might want to pay more,
    >> or much more if resellers really want it.
    >>
    >> vax, 9000
    >>

    >>> Who might want to buy one?
    >>>
    >>> We have one to part with with...
    >>>
    >>> TF85
    >>> 20 disks (diax)
    >>> TF857
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.

    > Another suggestion: a central site (no Ebay) where everyone here can
    > sell/buy/post informations about these old systems.
    >
    > I suggest: OpenVMS.org :-)
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > FC

  6. Re: Value of VAX ft810

    "Richard Tomkins" wrote in message news:<415ce524_3@corp.newsgroups.com>...
    > WOW!
    > Is the system functional/operational?

    Yes, but it's powered down currently.

    It has VMS V5.5-2HF and FTSS v2.0.

    > A Fault Tolerant VAX is a rare bird indeed.
    > Do the serial numbers on the cabinets begin with KA? If so I may have worked
    > on it.

    I'm at home today. I'll check on Monday and post the answer.