Opening an AlphaStation 200 4/166 - DEC

This is a discussion on Opening an AlphaStation 200 4/166 - DEC ; Hello all! I have an AlphaStation here - with the keys inside! Does anybody know how to open the (tubular) lock or where to buy the keys? I've tried some lock picking but it's more difficult when you do it ...

  1. Opening an AlphaStation 200 4/166

    Hello all!

    I have an AlphaStation here - with the keys inside! Does anybody know how to
    open the (tubular) lock or where to buy the keys? I've tried some lock picking
    but it's more difficult when you do it yourself than when you see it on TV :-)

    Thierry

  2. Re: Opening an AlphaStation 200 4/166

    In article , Thierry Dussuet writes:
    >Hello all!
    >
    >I have an AlphaStation here - with the keys inside! Does anybody know how to
    >open the (tubular) lock or where to buy the keys? I've tried some lock picking
    >but it's more difficult when you do it yourself than when you see it on TV :-)
    >
    >Thierry

    There was a part # for "master key". I don't know it off the top of my head
    but you would probably google comp.os.vms and find it.

    On the lock will be a number. Email me your number and I may have your key.
    If so, I'll mail it to you.
    --
    http://www.ProvN.com for the *best* OpenVMS system security
    solutions that others only claim to be.

  3. Re: Opening an AlphaStation 200 4/166

    Thierry Dussuet wrote:

    > I have an AlphaStation here - with the keys inside! Does anybody know how to
    > open the (tubular) lock or where to buy the keys? I've tried some lock picking
    > but it's more difficult when you do it yourself than when you see it on TV :-)

    Well, I don't have my Alphastation anymore, but I cracked the
    lock just with enough force. If you do it right, the lock will
    just fall off inside the machine. Of course you won't be
    able to lock it up ever again, but the case shouldn't be
    damaged.

    mfg
    Dennis

    --
    de-moc-ra-cy (di mok' ra see) n.
    Three wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.

  4. Re: Opening an AlphaStation 200 4/166

    In article <00A37C27.009D7B68@SendSpamHere.ORG>,
    wrote:
    >In article , Thierry Dussuet
    > writes:
    >>Hello all!

    >>I have an AlphaStation here - with the keys inside! Does anybody
    >>know how to open the (tubular) lock or where to buy the keys?
    >>I've tried some lock picking but it's more difficult when you do
    >>it yourself than when you see it on TV :-)
    >>
    >>Thierry

    >There was a part # for "master key". I don't know it off the top
    >of my head but you would probably google comp.os.vms and find it.
    >
    >On the lock will be a number. Email me your number and I may have
    >your key. If so, I'll mail it to you.

    How about the newly discovered Bic attack on Kryptonite bike locks.
    < http://www.engadget.com/entry/7796925370303347/ > and many others.

    carl
    --
    carl lowenstein marine physical lab u.c. san diego
    clowenst@ucsd.edu

+ Reply to Thread