SIMH on a Game Boy Advanced - DEC

This is a discussion on SIMH on a Game Boy Advanced - DEC ; Anyone else see this web site where a guy is using SIMH PDP-11 on a Game Boy Advance to run an old version of UNIX? http://www.kernelthread.com/publications/gbaunix/ I'm tempted to see if I could get RT or RSX to run on ...

  1. SIMH on a Game Boy Advanced

    Anyone else see this web site where a guy is using SIMH PDP-11 on
    a Game Boy Advance to run an old version of UNIX?

    http://www.kernelthread.com/publications/gbaunix/

    I'm tempted to see if I could get RT or RSX to run on the thing.

    Lee K. Gleason N5ZMR
    Control-G Consultants

  2. Re: SIMH on a Game Boy Advanced

    In alt.sys.pdp11 gleason@encompasserve.org wrote:
    > Anyone else see this web site where a guy is using SIMH PDP-11 on
    > a Game Boy Advance to run an old version of UNIX?

    > http://www.kernelthread.com/publications/gbaunix/

    > I'm tempted to see if I could get RT or RSX to run on the thing.

    The problem I see is the lack of a keyboard input device. The guy that
    implemented this bypassed this by having a list of "canned" commands to run.
    RT-11 and TSX-11 could fit on an RK05 image, but RSX or RSTS would be
    difficult I should think. I think there are also some fairly strong
    requirements on the size of the emulated PDP-11's RAM that might effectively
    limit you to RT-11 (or very old versions of other OS's).

    Zane

+ Reply to Thread