anyone using these disks with VMS? - DEC

This is a discussion on anyone using these disks with VMS? - DEC ; Seagate Cheetah ST34502LW (firmware 0004) Quantum XP34300 (REV H)...

  1. anyone using these disks with VMS?

    Seagate Cheetah ST34502LW (firmware 0004)

    Quantum XP34300 (REV H)

  2. Re: anyone using these disks with VMS?

    Seagates yes
    Quantum - no way

    DT

    --
    David B Turner
    Island Computers US Corporation

    "Phillip Helbig---remove CLOTHES to reply"
    wrote in message news:cg2tid$2m4$1@online.de...
    > Seagate Cheetah ST34502LW (firmware 0004)
    >
    > Quantum XP34300 (REV H)

  3. Re: anyone using these disks with VMS?

    In article <10i9uno9cs5j60b@news.supernews.com>, "Island Computers USA"
    writes:

    > Seagates yes
    > Quantum - no way

    The models I mentioned?

    Talking only original DEC disks for the moment, I have some rebadged
    Seagates and some rebadged Quantums, though more of the former than the
    latter. The only disk I've ever had fail was a rebadged Seagate
    Barracuda (2 GB). Small-number statistics, of course. Is the
    traditional wisdom Seagate better than Quantum better than Connor borne
    out by the experience of others here?

  4. Re: anyone using these disks with VMS?

    helbig@astro.multiCLOTHESvax.de (Phillip Helbig---remove CLOTHES to reply) wrote in message news:...
    > In article <10i9uno9cs5j60b@news.supernews.com>, "Island Computers USA"
    > writes:
    >
    > > Seagates yes
    > > Quantum - no way

    > The models I mentioned?
    >
    > Talking only original DEC disks for the moment, I have some rebadged
    > Seagates and some rebadged Quantums, though more of the former than the
    > latter. The only disk I've ever had fail was a rebadged Seagate
    > Barracuda (2 GB). Small-number statistics, of course. Is the
    > traditional wisdom Seagate better than Quantum better than Connor borne
    > out by the experience of others here?

    Not the models you listed. Older Quantums (1 - 4GB, especially the
    DEC-designed DSP models, are all still running, though some are quite
    noisy. I've had a couple older Seagate rebadges fail (ST15150N/W),
    and one ST19171WC/RZ1DB unit. Newer disks: mostly Seagate, all still
    running.

+ Reply to Thread