Old, Old manuals. Anyone interested ? - DEC

This is a discussion on Old, Old manuals. Anyone interested ? - DEC ; I'm clearing the loft and a couple of old A5 sized paperback DEC manuals have surfaced. A VAX 11/780 Architecture Handbook A VAX BI options handbook. Both in good order, seems a shame to bin them. Definitely part of our ...

  1. Old, Old manuals. Anyone interested ?

    I'm clearing the loft and a couple of old A5 sized paperback DEC
    manuals have surfaced.

    A VAX 11/780 Architecture Handbook
    A VAX BI options handbook.

    Both in good order, seems a shame to bin them. Definitely part of our
    computing heritage, and should be preserved !

    Let me know,

    Thanks,

    Paul.

  2. Re: Old, Old manuals. Anyone interested ?

    On Oct 15, 2:47*pm, zymu...@technologist.com wrote:
    > I'm clearing the loft and a couple of old A5 sized paperback DEC
    > manuals have surfaced.
    >
    > A VAX 11/780 Architecture Handbook
    > A VAX BI options handbook.
    >
    > Both in good order, seems a shame to bin them. Definitely part of our
    > computing heritage, and should be preserved !
    >
    > Let me know,
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Paul.

    Hi Paul. I would be interested. How much do you want for them? I am
    located at Raleigh NC USA.

  3. Re: Old, Old manuals. Anyone interested ?

    Definitely it would be a shame to drop it in the bin.
    Could be a very good idea to scan and to share them in PDF in www.bitsavers.org,
    they are a reference point for old documentation.

  4. Re: Old, Old manuals. Anyone interested ?

    On Oct 16, 7:39*am, shadoooo wrote:
    > Definitely it would be a shame to drop it in the bin.
    > Could be a very good idea to scan and to share them in PDF inwww.bitsavers.org,
    > they are a reference point for old documentation.

    Shadoooo, that's a good idea to digitize it.

    Paul, if you are unable to scan it, let me know. I might be able to
    scan it into PDFs (have to get permission to use the big scanner :-) ).

+ Reply to Thread