I'm looking for a keyboard to be used with my VMS systems and my PC from
a relaxed position on a couch and so I seem to need a
* (DEC LK similar/identical) keyboard with US layout
* wireless (RF or BT)
* keypad (integrated or plugged in on right side) with separated minus/comma
(I saw a TARGUS USB keypad having such extra keys)
alternatively a USB keypad plugging into the wireless desktop/keyboard
* integrated pointer device (touchpad, trackball, stick) with 3 buttons
(or else how to use a real mouse on the couch/trousers/what else?)
* no host configuration program required
(or else how would this work with a VMS system?)
* up to $70 (which seems to be Euro 70.- after import, shockhorror)
nice to have
* programmable PF keys
* lighted keys (for use in the dark)
It seems, there is no such thing. Biggest problem seem to be either mouse
(with a real mouse this would cost about 30.-) or keypad (wireless notebook
keyboard seem to cost around 100.-) or only 2 button mice.
I haven't seen anything so far, where only the price is the problem...
Do you have any idea? What do you use?
Peter "EPLAN" LANGSTOEGER
Network and OpenVMS system specialist
A-1030 VIENNA AUSTRIA I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist