FA: PDP-10 KL10 DECsystem 2065 - DEC

This is a discussion on FA: PDP-10 KL10 DECsystem 2065 - DEC ; http://easyurl.net/PDP10...

  1. FA: PDP-10 KL10 DECsystem 2065

  2. Re: FA: PDP-10 KL10 DECsystem 2065

    Ted wrote:
    > http://easyurl.net/PDP10

    Wow, its up to 25 G's with nine hours to go.

    The last KL (2065) that AMS bought cost $800. We didn't buy it, Dec
    Field Service bought it. They couldn't fix one of our KLs and so they
    bought a KL that was being decommissioned, took it apart, shipped it,
    and rebuilt it. It was either "free" to AMS, or really bundled in the
    many thousands of dollars a month that Dec charged to keep six KLs happy.

  3. Re: FA: PDP-10 KL10 DECsystem 2065

    In article
    Ted wrote:

    > http://easyurl.net/PDP10

    Winning bid $25,000

  4. Re: FA: PDP-10 KL10 DECsystem 2065

    Ted writes:

    > In article
    > Ted wrote:
    > >
    > > http://easyurl.net/PDP10

    > Winning bid $25,000

    Congratulations to the winner! What are the plans for this system?
    24/7 operation to supplement the TOPS-20 TOAD? Occassional operation
    to check the accuracy of emulators?

    -- Patrick

  5. Re: FA: PDP-10 KL10 DECsystem 2065

    Ted writes:

    > Winning bid $25,000

    Congratulations, I suppose, are in order to Rich Alderson on his
    new-to-him KL

    --
    Lawrence Statton - lawrenabae@abaluon.abaom s/aba/c/g
    Computer software consists of only two components: ones and

  6. Re: FA: PDP-10 KL10 DECsystem 2065

    On 13 Jun 2008 14:50:16 -0500, Lawrence Statton wrote:

    >Ted writes:
    >>
    >> Winning bid $25,000
    >>

    >Congratulations, I suppose, are in order to Rich Alderson on his
    >new-to-him KL

    Indeed. I couldn't be happier with the new home; Rich and Paul will undoubtedly
    be able to support the system properly.

    Mike
    --
    http://www.corestore.org
    'As I walk along these shores

  7. Re: FA: PDP-10 KL10 DECsystem 2065

    In alt.sys.pdp10 Mike Ross wrote:
    > On 13 Jun 2008 14:50:16 -0500, Lawrence Statton wrote:

    >>Ted writes:
    >>>
    >>> Winning bid $25,000

    >>Congratulations, I suppose, are in order to Rich Alderson on his
    >>new-to-him KL

    > Indeed. I couldn't be happier with the new home; Rich and Paul will
    > undoubtedly be able to support the system properly.

    Does anyone know his plans for the machine? He bought a rather complete
    PDP8e a couple months ago.

    --
    David Griffith