VMS PL/I - DEC

This is a discussion on VMS PL/I - DEC ; She:kon/Greetings I ordered a VAX VMS CD and notice that, while it has most languages on it, it's missing PL/I. Is that available for download somewhere or commercially for a fee? Sken:nen/Peace Tom Lake Information Systems Administrator St. Regis Mohawk ...

  1. VMS PL/I

    She:kon/Greetings

    I ordered a VAX VMS CD and notice that, while it has most languages on it,
    it's missing PL/I. Is that available for download somewhere or commercially for a
    fee?

    Sken:nen/Peace
    Tom Lake
    Information Systems Administrator
    St. Regis Mohawk Tribe Environment Division
    412 State Route 37
    Akwesasne, NY 13655
    (518) 358-5937 Ext. 117

    e-mail: tom_lake@srmtenv.org

    Website: http://www.srmtenv.org

  2. Re: VMS PL/I

    "Tom Lake" wrote in message news:fv9vth$8an$1@aioe.org...
    > She:kon/Greetings
    >
    > I ordered a VAX VMS CD and notice that, while it has most languages on it,
    > it's missing PL/I. Is that available for download somewhere or commercially for a
    > fee?

    Never mind. I found it finally. I'll just have to pay the $50.00/yr fee for
    Encompass
    membership.

    Tom Lake

  3. Re: VMS PL/I

    In article , "Tom Lake" writes:

    > Never mind. I found it finally. I'll just have to pay the $50.00/yr fee for
    > Encompass membership.

    I guess you already found that PL/I for VMS is available from Kednos.
    http://www.kednos.com/

    To get an OpenVMS Hobbyist license you can join Encompass as an Associate
    for free.
    https://www.encompassus.org/secure/m...orm_type=ASSOC

  4. Re: VMS PL/I

    Tom Lake wrote:
    > She:kon/Greetings
    >
    > I ordered a VAX VMS CD and notice that, while it has most languages on it,
    > it's missing PL/I. Is that available for download somewhere or
    > commercially for a fee?

    The PL/I compiler is owned by Kednos. It is available free for hobbyists
    under a similar agreement as the OpenVMS hobbyist license.

    Got to

    http://www.kednos.com/kednos/Hobbyist

    for license registration and

    http://www.kednos.com/kednos/Kits

    to download the software.

    Tim.

  5. Re: VMS PL/I

    "Graham Burley" wrote in message
    > In article , "Tom Lake"
    > writes:
    >
    >> Never mind. I found it finally. I'll just have to pay the $50.00/yr fee
    >> for
    >> Encompass membership.

    > I guess you already found that PL/I for VMS is available from Kednos.
    > http://www.kednos.com/

    I did find it but now the link isn't working for me. I tried it from two
    different machines on totally separate networks and can't access it
    from either. 8^( I know it was working yesterday. Oh well, I'll keep
    trying. Thanks for the reply!

    Tom Lake

+ Reply to Thread