If you were "lucky" enough to buy the Model 1B or 2B 3B etc then YOU have to
have 240V circuits to prvide for these.
There is a conversion kit for them to bring them to a 120V (turns a 2B into
a 2)

It consists of the power backplane and 1+x+x power supplies

The model 2 has been a lot more popular purely because so many computer
rooms now have 120V circuits (yes I know most Ex-Vax houses have 3 phase and
240V circuits left over from the dark ages)

--
David B Turner

Island Computers US Corp
PO Box 86
Tybee GA 31328

Toll Free: 1-877 636 4332 x201, Mobile x251
Email: dturner@islandco.com
International: 001 706 993 1787
Fax: 912 786 8505
Web: www.islandco.com