VAX Fortran 77 manuals - DEC

This is a discussion on VAX Fortran 77 manuals - DEC ; Hello to everyone! Does anyone here have a PDF or Postscript copy of the latest VAX Fortran 77 language reference manual and user manual to share with a poor hobbyist? They should be AA-PU45C-TK and AA-PUYPA-TE, respectively. HP site has ...

  1. VAX Fortran 77 manuals

    Hello to everyone!

    Does anyone here have a PDF or Postscript copy of the latest VAX Fortran 77
    language reference manual and user manual to share with a poor hobbyist?

    They should be AA-PU45C-TK and AA-PUYPA-TE, respectively. HP site has only
    manuals about the newest HP Fortran 90/95 compiler for Alpha and IA64, but
    nothing more about the old VAX Fortran 77 one.

    A throughout search of the whole WWW returned nothing suitable for printing. I
    would accept DSR files too, because I can convert them to Postscript and PDF.

    Obviously I would be grateful even if you can supply me with older versions or
    with different part numbers than those specified before: anything is better
    than nothing! But please, don't write me to use those about Fortran 90/95 for
    Alpha and Itanium because they are different things!

    Thank you very much,
    G. (Not English native, hope my English is good enough)

  2. Re: VAX Fortran 77 manuals

    wrote in message
    > Hello to everyone!
    >
    > Does anyone here have a PDF or Postscript copy of the latest VAX Fortran
    > 77
    > language reference manual and user manual to share with a poor hobbyist?
    >
    > They should be AA-PU45C-TK and AA-PUYPA-TE, respectively. HP site has only
    > manuals about the newest HP Fortran 90/95 compiler for Alpha and IA64, but
    > nothing more about the old VAX Fortran 77 one.
    >
    > A throughout search of the whole WWW returned nothing suitable for
    > printing. I
    > would accept DSR files too, because I can convert them to Postscript and
    > PDF.
    >
    > Obviously I would be grateful even if you can supply me with older
    > versions or
    > with different part numbers than those specified before: anything is
    > better
    > than nothing! But please, don't write me to use those about Fortran 90/95
    > for
    > Alpha and Itanium because they are different things!
    >
    > Thank you very much,
    > G. (Not English native, hope my English is good enough)

    I have a paper copy of "Programming in VAX FORTRAN" part number AA-D034D-TE
    dated September 1984. It is not quite what you are looking for and I don't
    really want to part with it (unless you have something interesting to swap
    maybe). If it is of use I could scan parts that you need, but scanning the
    whole thing is a little impractical as it is quite a big manual.

    Regards

    Rob

  3. Re: VAX Fortran 77 manuals

    In article , gerry77@no.spam.mail.com writes:

    > A throughout search of the whole WWW returned nothing suitable for printing. I
    > would accept DSR files too, because I can convert them to Postscript and PDF.

    How about Bookreader format? I think I've got both the VAX and Alpha
    versions of the F77 manuals somewhere on Bookreader CDs.

  4. Re: VAX Fortran 77 manuals

    Bob Koehler wrote:

    >> A throughout search of the whole WWW returned nothing suitable for printing.

    http://bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/vax/lang

  5. Re: VAX Fortran 77 manuals

    On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 11:13:00 -0700, Al Kossow wrote:

    > http://bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/vax/lang

    Thank you very much for your kindness and your invaluable work!

    G.

  6. Re: VAX Fortran 77 manuals

    On 28 Apr 2008 08:46:56 -0500, koehler@eisner.nospam.encompasserve.org (Bob
    Koehler) wrote:

    > > A throughout search of the whole WWW returned nothing suitable for printing. I
    > > would accept DSR files too, because I can convert them to Postscript and PDF.

    > How about Bookreader format? I think I've got both the VAX and Alpha
    > versions of the F77 manuals somewhere on Bookreader CDs.

    Someone told me that those manuals where newer issued in PDF or Postscript.
    Maybe he is right, alas I was sure I did see something about VAX Fortran 77 on
    HP documentation site some times ago, when there was VAX documentation too.

    Anyway, do you know if there is a way to convert bookreader formatted files
    into Postscript (directly or through some intemediate format)?

    Thanks,
    G.

  7. Re: VAX Fortran 77 manuals

    In article , gerry77@no.spam.mail.com writes:

    > Anyway, do you know if there is a way to convert bookreader formatted files
    > into Postscript (directly or through some intemediate format)?

    No, but there is a bookeader for Windows.

+ Reply to Thread