Any one out there have VAX APL Manuals? - DEC

This is a discussion on Any one out there have VAX APL Manuals? - DEC ; Sorry for repeating myself, but does anyone out there have a set of the VAX APL Manuals? Thanks for your time, Mark....

  1. Any one out there have VAX APL Manuals?

    Sorry for repeating myself, but does anyone out there have a set of
    the VAX APL Manuals?

    Thanks for your time,

    Mark.

  2. Re: Any one out there have VAX APL Manuals?

    With thanks to the excellent people involved in scanning and posting
    the VAX APL manuals, I now have a working system

    However, this of course means I now have a tonne of questions...

    Something I can't figure out is how to get APL character overstriking
    to work (for example to produce the domino character, or combining 'o'
    and '*'). As far as I can tell the manual suggests in a DECWindows
    environment that using Ctrl-D between the two component characters
    will work, but it doesn't work. I've also tried the COMPOSE key to no
    avail.

    Is there anyone out there who has used VAX APL in the dim and distant
    past who can shed some light? Maybe I'm missing something in the
    configuration.

    Anyone interested can see a screenshot at
    http://www.wickensonline.co.uk/publi...-apl-4.0-1.jpg.

    I also have a VT520 which when I startup VAX APL as a VT320 displays
    APL characters as mapped to the keyboard but I have the same problem
    in using overstrike.

    Thanks for the help,

    Mark.

  3. Re: Any one out there have VAX APL Manuals?

    "urbancamo" schreef in bericht
    > With thanks to the excellent people involved in scanning and posting
    > the VAX APL manuals, I now have a working system
    >
    > However, this of course means I now have a tonne of questions...
    >
    > Something I can't figure out is how to get APL character overstriking
    > to work (for example to produce the domino character, or combining 'o'
    > and '*'). As far as I can tell the manual suggests in a DECWindows
    > environment that using Ctrl-D between the two component characters
    > will work, but it doesn't work. I've also tried the COMPOSE key to no
    > avail.
    >
    > Is there anyone out there who has used VAX APL in the dim and distant
    > past who can shed some light? Maybe I'm missing something in the
    > configuration.
    >
    > Anyone interested can see a screenshot at
    > http://www.wickensonline.co.uk/publi...-apl-4.0-1.jpg.
    >
    > I also have a VT520 which when I startup VAX APL as a VT320 displays
    > APL characters as mapped to the keyboard but I have the same problem
    > in using overstrike.
    >
    > Thanks for the help,
    >
    > Mark.

    Mark,
    on what cd did you find the APL kit? I'm (re)learning APL, using a Windows
    based APL kit but I'd rather do it on a VAX.
    Are you allowed to share the scanned manuals?
    Hans Vlems

  4. Re: Any one out there have VAX APL Manuals?

    > Sorry for repeating myself, but does anyone out there have a set of
    > the VAX APL Manuals?
    >
    > Thanks for your time,
    >
    > Mark.

    Did you by any chance find the manuals?
    I'm (re)learning APL on a windows system but would rather prefer to do it on
    a real VAX :-)
    Where did you find the compiler/interpreter, is it on one of the condist
    cd's?
    Hans

+ Reply to Thread