Alphaserver and Prioris for free in Dallas - DEC

This is a discussion on Alphaserver and Prioris for free in Dallas - DEC ; Again I have the privilege of advertising two free systems. These systems need to be taken by 5 PM tomorrow (making arrangements before then.) These are strickly you-haul. The company is moving to a new office space and won't be ...

  1. Alphaserver and Prioris for free in Dallas

    Again I have the privilege of advertising two free systems.
    These systems need to be taken by 5 PM tomorrow (making arrangements
    before then.)
    These are strickly you-haul. The company is moving to a new office space
    and won't be taking these systems with them. If they are not taken, they
    will be sent to a recycler.

    System #1:
    Alphaserver 1200 with at least 512 MB of memory
    The system was originally configured with a video card, so it should be
    usable with DECwindows, and probably had VMS installed that way. It
    appears they are including the seven disk drives with it. (IIRC, the
    StorageWorks backplane is connected to a KZPAC RAID controller and
    configured with the top disk as a single and VMS V7.1 installed. The
    other six drives are in two RAID-5 sets.) It must also have a DE500
    network card. (For those unfamiliar, this is a pedestal box, a little
    shorter than a 2-drawer file cabinet, in "Top Gun" blue. It probably
    weighs in at around 100 lbs.) I'd take it myself, but I'm in Oregon.

    System #2:
    DEC Prioris XL5133
    I know nothing else about this server.

    The technical guy helping with the move is coming from out of town and
    has said he will send it to the recycler if I don't get back to him
    tomorrow.

    Please, somebody rescue this stuff. I know there are people who read
    this and are in that area. Get it and sell it to a business who's on an
    older system. If nothing else, rescue it for someone who can't get
    there.
    I think you can unmunge my email address.

    Tad

  2. Re: Alphaserver and Prioris for free in Dallas

    Tad,

    I'd like to pick these up...

    I sent an email... hope I ungrunged your email address properly. :-)

    Thanks!
    *Paul*

    "Tad Winters" wrote in message news:Xns9A837A76B77E4staffordnospamwinter@199.45.4 9.11...
    > Again I have the privilege of advertising two free systems.
    > These systems need to be taken by 5 PM tomorrow (making arrangements
    > before then.)
    > These are strickly you-haul. The company is moving to a new office space
    > and won't be taking these systems with them. If they are not taken, they
    > will be sent to a recycler.
    >
    > System #1:
    > Alphaserver 1200 with at least 512 MB of memory
    > The system was originally configured with a video card, so it should be
    > usable with DECwindows, and probably had VMS installed that way. It
    > appears they are including the seven disk drives with it. (IIRC, the
    > StorageWorks backplane is connected to a KZPAC RAID controller and
    > configured with the top disk as a single and VMS V7.1 installed. The
    > other six drives are in two RAID-5 sets.) It must also have a DE500
    > network card. (For those unfamiliar, this is a pedestal box, a little
    > shorter than a 2-drawer file cabinet, in "Top Gun" blue. It probably
    > weighs in at around 100 lbs.) I'd take it myself, but I'm in Oregon.
    >
    > System #2:
    > DEC Prioris XL5133
    > I know nothing else about this server.
    >
    > The technical guy helping with the move is coming from out of town and
    > has said he will send it to the recycler if I don't get back to him
    > tomorrow.
    >
    > Please, somebody rescue this stuff. I know there are people who read
    > this and are in that area. Get it and sell it to a business who's on an
    > older system. If nothing else, rescue it for someone who can't get
    > there.
    > I think you can unmunge my email address.
    >
    > Tad

+ Reply to Thread