Malcolm
Where did you get the memory from?
This sounds very much like the memory buffer problems.
Bad date codes on the buffer chip (small chip about 2cm long in the middle
of the dimm) between 1998 and 38th week of 2001.

Caused many weird problems with the ES40 and ES45...
Nothing in error log - just hangs and requires reboot.
Very strange.

--
David B Turner

Island Computers US Corp
PO Box 86
Tybee GA 31328

Toll Free: 1-877 636 4332 x201, Mobile x251
Email: dturner@islandco.com
International: 001 706 993 1787
Fax: 912 786 8505
Web: www.islandco.com