Couple of free DEC things I need to get rid of... - DEC

This is a discussion on Couple of free DEC things I need to get rid of... - DEC ; Most of a VMS 6.0 paper doc set. I don't know how much of it is there, but there are two DEC boxes. Don't know how much it's going to cost to ship, but international would be prohibitively expensive. The ...

  1. Couple of free DEC things I need to get rid of...

    Most of a VMS 6.0 paper doc set. I don't know how much of it is there,
    but there are two DEC boxes. Don't know how much it's going to cost to
    ship, but international would be prohibitively expensive. The goal
    here is for me to slap a UPS Ground shipping label on the box, and
    send it out.

    Data Systems Design DSD 440 user guide. This shouldn't be hard to ship
    just about anywhere.

    A few VAX 6000 technical reference manuals from a field tech's
    leftovers. Probably 10 pounds worth of docs.

    DEC 3000/400 I/O riser board, still sealed in the original packaging.
    Also shouldn't be hard to ship just about anywhere.

    I won't really know how much any of this stuff will cost to ship until
    it's ready to go, so please, serious inquiries only.

    Chris

  2. Re: Couple of free DEC things I need to get rid of...

    On Feb 18, 7:45*pm, ChrisKalisiak wrote:
    > Most of a VMS 6.0 paper doc set. I don't know how much of it is there,
    > but there are two DEC boxes. Don't know how much it's going to cost to
    > ship, but international would be prohibitively expensive. The goal
    > here is for me to slap a UPS Ground shipping label on the box, and
    > send it out.
    >
    > Data Systems Design DSD 440 user guide. This shouldn't be hard to ship
    > just about anywhere.
    >
    > A few VAX 6000 technical reference manuals from a field tech's
    > leftovers. Probably 10 pounds worth of docs.
    >
    > DEC 3000/400 I/O riser board, still sealed in the original packaging.
    > Also shouldn't be hard to ship just about anywhere.
    >
    > I won't really know how much any of this stuff will cost to ship until
    > it's ready to go, so please, serious inquiries only.
    >
    > Chris

    Hi Chris! It might help to know where you are located. Someone might
    be close enough for a pickup.

    James T. Sprinkle (The Grue)
    http://www.myspace.com/jamestsprinkle

  3. Re: Couple of free DEC things I need to get rid of...

    Good point, although us folk who actually follow DEC anymore are a
    pretty tight group, and I think everyone in the Buffalo, NY area at
    least implicitly knows who I am...

    With that said, I do have a DEC 3000/300-family system I want to get
    rid of and a Personal DECstation 5000-family system also. I'm paring
    back the collection to just my Q-Bus based PDP and VAXstation gear.
    Don't know the specs of either anymore, but if someone wants to come
    pick them up in Buffalo, they're available.

    What's left at this point that I can ship are the VAX 6000 manuals...

    Chris

  4. Re: Couple of free DEC things I need to get rid of...

    In article <8d37ad16-7e98-4182-a49b-be6a7b3db35b@e23g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, ChrisKalisiak writes:

    > DEC 3000/400 I/O riser board, still sealed in the original packaging.
    > Also shouldn't be hard to ship just about anywhere.

    Received, installed, and working. Thanks!

    It feels so good to have my Model 400 fully functional again.

  5. Re: Couple of free DEC things I need to get rid of...

    Good! Glad to hear someone was able to put it to immediate use.

    Chris

  6. Re: Couple of free DEC things I need to get rid of...

    Despite all prevention efforts, ChrisKalisiak wrote in

    > Most of a VMS 6.0 paper doc set. I don't know how much of it is there,
    > but there are two DEC boxes. Don't know how much it's going to cost to
    > ship, but international would be prohibitively expensive. The goal
    > here is for me to slap a UPS Ground shipping label on the box, and
    > send it out.

    The VMS doc set is now safely (and heavily) in good hands.

    --
    James
    http://www.e-host-direct.com

  7. Re: Couple of free DEC things I need to get rid of...

    On Feb 28, 3:40*pm, Slor wrote:
    > Despite all prevention efforts, ChrisKalisiak wrote innews:8d37ad16-7e98-4182-a49b-be6a7b3db35b@e23g2000prf.googlegroups.com:
    >

    > > Most of a VMS 6.0 paper doc set. I don't know how much of it is there,
    > > but there are two DEC boxes. Don't know how much it's going to cost to
    > > ship, but international would be prohibitively expensive. The goal
    > > here is for me to slap a UPS Ground shipping label on the box, and
    > > send it out.

    > The VMS doc set is now safely (and heavily) in good hands.
    >
    > --
    > Jameshttp://www.e-host-direct.com
    > Reliable web hosting from $12/year.

    if you still have this i am extremly interested

    www.compactnetworks.com

  8. Re: Couple of free DEC things I need to get rid of...

    In article ,
    mwood@compactnetworks.com writes:
    > On Feb 28, 3:40*pm, Slor wrote:
    >> Despite all prevention efforts, ChrisKalisiak wrote innews:8d37ad16-7e98-4182-a49b-be6a7b3db35b@e23g2000prf.googlegroups.com:
    >>

    >> > Most of a VMS 6.0 paper doc set. I don't know how much of it is there,
    >> > but there are two DEC boxes. Don't know how much it's going to cost to
    >> > ship, but international would be prohibitively expensive. The goal
    >> > here is for me to slap a UPS Ground shipping label on the box, and
    >> > send it out.

    >> The VMS doc set is now safely (and heavily) in good hands.
    >>

    > if you still have this i am extremly interested
    > www.compactnetworks.com

    Before anyone here actually gives their stuff to him you should probably
    be aware he is a reseller and not an enthusiast.

    bill

    University of Scranton |
    Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include

  9. Re: Couple of free DEC things I need to get rid of...

    You are extremely interested in, what? The VMS doc set, which James
    just indicated is now in good hands? That statement that James just
    made is an indication that I don't have it anymore, because I shipped
    it to James.

    Chris

+ Reply to Thread