Paul Repacholi's collection? - DEC

This is a discussion on Paul Repacholi's collection? - DEC ; In 2000, Rolie Baldock was trying to recover some PDP-6 DECtapes. When he passed away, the tapes were given to Paul Repacholi. Paul is now gone. Does anyone know what happened to Paul's collection? The recovery of the PDP-6 TS ...

  1. Paul Repacholi's collection?

    In 2000, Rolie Baldock was trying to recover some PDP-6 DECtapes.
    When he passed away, the tapes were given to Paul Repacholi. Paul
    is now gone. Does anyone know what happened to Paul's collection?

    The recovery of the PDP-6 TS Exec listing got me thinking about this again.

  2. Re: Paul Repacholi's collection?

    On Jan 28, 7:00*pm, Al Kossow wrote:
    > In 2000, Rolie Baldock was trying to recover some PDP-6 DECtapes.
    > When he passed away, the tapes were given to Paul Repacholi. Paul
    > is now gone. Does anyone know what happened to Paul's collection?
    >
    > The recovery of the PDP-6 TS Exec listing got me thinking about this again..
    >
    > --

    I think about this too!

    What Paul had succesfully gotten read for me is at http://pdp-6.trailing-edge.com/
    but the network will be up and down as the telco deals with the fallen
    tree. (Bad weather this week... you know, sometimes we actually have
    good weather, but we always have a lot of big old trees!).

    Tim.

  3. Re: Paul Repacholi's collection?

    Tim Shoppa wrote:

    > On Jan 28, 7:00*pm, Al Kossow wrote:
    >> In 2000, Rolie Baldock was trying to recover some PDP-6 DECtapes.
    >> When he passed away, the tapes were given to Paul Repacholi. Paul
    >> is now gone. Does anyone know what happened to Paul's collection?
    >>
    >> The recovery of the PDP-6 TS Exec listing got me thinking about this
    >> again.
    >>
    >> --

    > I think about this too!
    >
    > What Paul had succesfully gotten read for me is at
    > http://pdp-6.trailing-edge.com/ but the network will be up and down as the
    > telco deals with the fallen tree. (Bad weather this week... you know,
    > sometimes we actually have good weather, but we always have a lot of big
    > old trees!).
    >
    > Tim.

    I'm currently packing up Paul's collection. (The kids want the house back)

    At this point the KL10, Drives & most documentation are going into a
    container along with any non-media that will also fit (a '70, Multiple
    VAXen, Several parts of some '8s etc).

    In packing the collection I have only seen 3 DECtapes, I believe you may
    have spoken to Tony Epton about this off-line. I know where these are and
    I'll pull them for you.

    Once the gear goes into the container (next couple of weeks) it will be
    difficult to find again. If there is anything specific people are
    interested in let me know asap (bruce-at-bicycle-dot-synonet-dot-com),
    keeping in mind that we don't really want to split the '10 up - it'd be
    nice to get it back into operation sometime in the future.

    We can possibly get copies of media, although that'll be a longer term
    project - all drives need cleaning & servicing & the media will probably
    have to be extracted on a '750 or '70 as those are the only two machines I
    could get up in a reasonable time with Massbus for the RP06 & RP07s.

    Tapes were badly labeled & again need proper treatment before they're
    extracted. There's about 3,000 tapes to be gone through in Paul's
    collection so that would take some time.

    As an aside, there are quite a few VAXen that will be looking for homes
    (about 5 4000 series, multiple Micro-vax 2s) If anyone in Australia is
    interested in giving this stuff a home and is willing to pay for shipping,
    we can arrange that.

    Bruce

  4. Re: Paul Repacholi's collection?

    In article
    <4a44bf92-2756-4463-b5b7-e1560cb7a11c@z17g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,
    Tim Shoppa wrote:
    >On Jan 28, 7:00*pm, Al Kossow wrote:
    >> In 2000, Rolie Baldock was trying to recover some PDP-6 DECtapes.
    >> When he passed away, the tapes were given to Paul Repacholi. Paul
    >> is now gone. Does anyone know what happened to Paul's collection?
    >>
    >> The recovery of the PDP-6 TS Exec listing got me thinking about this

    again..

    >> --

    >I think about this too!
    >
    >What Paul had succesfully gotten read for me is at

    http://pdp-6.trailing-edge.com/
    >but the network will be up and down as the telco deals with the fallen
    >tree. (Bad weather this week... you know, sometimes we actually have
    >good weather, but we always have a lot of big old trees!).

    Another tree?!!! ARe you going to have to negotiate between groups
    again to get the breadbox online? I still think about meeting
    with trailing-edge and still am in awe of the size of the box
    that contains all of those bits :-).

    /BAH

+ Reply to Thread