Looking for a DECserver 200/MC/ or 300 - DEC

This is a discussion on Looking for a DECserver 200/MC/ or 300 - DEC ; Hello Was wondering if anybody has a 200/MC or 300 laying around that they are not using and really dont want to send the item(s) to the trash. tks phil p.s. trying to stay away from e-smell (ebay), and this ...

  1. Looking for a DECserver 200/MC/ or 300

    Hello
    Was wondering if anybody has a 200/MC or 300 laying around that they
    are not using and really dont want to send the item(s) to the trash.
    tks
    phil
    p.s.
    trying to stay away from e-smell (ebay), and this is for personal use.

  2. Re: Looking for a DECserver 200/MC/ or 300

    In article <48072fe0-b8ca-4517-90c8-491429780a21@i7g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, "tomarsin2015@comcast.net" writes:

    >Hello
    >Was wondering if anybody has a 200/MC or 300 laying around that they
    >are not using and really dont want to send the item(s) to the trash.
    >tks
    >phil
    >p.s.
    >trying to stay away from e-smell (ebay), and this is for personal use.

    I had one and gave it away. Any reason why you want a 200/MC or 300
    specifically?

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

  3. Re: Looking for a DECserver 200/MC/ or 300

    On Jan 29, 4:53*am, VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:
    > In article <48072fe0-b8ca-4517-90c8-491429780...@i7g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, "tomarsin2...@comcast.net" writes:
    >

    > >Hello
    > >Was wondering if anybody has a 200/MC or 300 laying around that they
    > >are not using and really dont want to send the item(s) to the trash.
    > >tks
    > >phil
    > >p.s.
    > >trying to stay away from e-smell (ebay), and this is for personal use.

    > I had one and gave it away. *Any reason why you want a 200/MC or 300
    > specifically?
    >
    > --
    > VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker * VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)COM
    >
    > * "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"
    >
    > http://tmesis.com/drat.html

    Hello
    Found out that the power supply board blew. The part # is 30-27484-01,
    POWER SUPPLY, 59W 3 OUTPUT. Just wondering is this a generic power
    supply or did DEC do something special so it would only work in the
    100/200/300 series?
    tks
    phil

  4. Re: Looking for a DECserver 200/MC/ or 300

    tomarsin2015@comcast.net wrote:
    > On Jan 29, 4:53 am, VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:
    >
    >>In article <48072fe0-b8ca-4517-90c8-491429780...@i7g2000prf.googlegroups.com>, "tomarsin2...@comcast.net" writes:
    >>

    >>>Hello
    >>>Was wondering if anybody has a 200/MC or 300 laying around that they
    >>>are not using and really dont want to send the item(s) to the trash.
    >>>tks
    >>>phil
    >>>p.s.
    >>>trying to stay away from e-smell (ebay), and this is for personal use.

    >>I had one and gave it away. Any reason why you want a 200/MC or 300
    >>specifically?
    >>
    >>--
    >>VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)COM
    >>
    >> "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"
    >>
    >>http://tmesis.com/drat.html

    > Hello
    > Found out that the power supply board blew. The part # is 30-27484-01,
    > POWER SUPPLY, 59W 3 OUTPUT. Just wondering is this a generic power
    > supply or did DEC do something special so it would only work in the
    > 100/200/300 series?
    > tks
    > phil

    Knowing DEC, the power supply is probably unique to that model DECserver
    or at most to a couple of similar models. DEC appeared to design
    EVERYTHING from scratch

  5. Re: Looking for a DECserver 200/MC/ or 300

    If you could use a DSRVZ-MC 32port Decserver 900 I have a few

    --
    David B Turner
    Island Computers US Corp

    Toll Free: 877-6364332 x201
    Intl: 912 786 8502 x201
    Fax: 912 786 8505
    E: dturner@islandco.com
    F: 912 201 0402
    W: http://www.islandco.com

    which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or
    privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use
    of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
    this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all
    computers.

    "Richard B. Gilbert" wrote in message
    > tomarsin2015@comcast.net wrote:
    >> On Jan 29, 4:53 am, VAXman- @SendSpamHere.ORG wrote:
    >>
    >>>In article
    >>><48072fe0-b8ca-4517-90c8-491429780...@i7g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,

    >>>I had one and gave it away. Any reason why you want a 200/MC or 300
    >>>specifically?
    >>>
    >>>--
    >>>VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker
    >>>VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)COM
    >>>
    >>> "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"
    >>>
    >>>http://tmesis.com/drat.html

    >> Hello
    >> Found out that the power supply board blew. The part # is 30-27484-01,
    >> POWER SUPPLY, 59W 3 OUTPUT. Just wondering is this a generic power
    >> supply or did DEC do something special so it would only work in the
    >> 100/200/300 series?
    >> tks
    >> phil

    > Knowing DEC, the power supply is probably unique to that model DECserver
    > or at most to a couple of similar models. DEC appeared to design
    > EVERYTHING from scratch

  6. Re: Looking for a DECserver 200/MC/ or 300

    In article <13q3okgn0g95hc9@news.supernews.com>, "David Turner, Island Computers" writes:
    >If you could use a DSRVZ-MC 32port Decserver 900 I have a few

    OK. I'll take one. They're free right?

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

  7. Re: Looking for a DECserver 200/MC/ or 300

    Yeah right, and the Tooth fairy is coming to your house tonight...
    Better hide them dentures..

    --

    wrote in message
    > In article <13q3okgn0g95hc9@news.supernews.com>, "David Turner, Island
    > Computers" writes:
    >>If you could use a DSRVZ-MC 32port Decserver 900 I have a few

    > OK. I'll take one. They're free right?
    >
    > --
    > VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker
    > VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)COM
    >
    > "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"
    >
    > http://tmesis.com/drat.html

  8. Re: Looking for a DECserver 200/MC/ or 300

    In article <13q480a1r3jh5bf@news.supernews.com>, "David Turner, Island Computers" writes:
    >Yeah right, and the Tooth fairy is coming to your house tonight...
    >Better hide them dentures..

    While most of my teeth have been bonded (I ate too many handle bars and
    pavement in my youth, not from lack of oral hygiene care), none of them
    come out ... yet.

    http://tmesis.com/drat.html

  9. Re: Looking for a DECserver 200/MC/ or 300

    In article <13q3okgn0g95hc9@news.supernews.com>, "David Turner, Island Computers" writes:
    >If you could use a DSRVZ-MC 32port Decserver 900 I have a few
    >

    >--
    >David B Turner
    >Island Computers US Corp
    >1207 East Highway 80
    >Suite D
    >Tybee GA 31328
    >
    >Toll Free: 877-6364332 x201
    >Intl: 912 786 8502 x201
    >Fax: 912 786 8505
    >E: dturner@islandco.com
    >F: 912 201 0402
    >W: http://www.islandco.com
    >

    >The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
    >which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or
    >privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use
    >of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
    >entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received
    >this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all
    >computers.

    Sorry I think I'll have trouble deleting this from Google's computers

    David Webb
    Security team leader
    CCSS
    Middlesex University