Encompass FTP library mirror - DEC

This is a discussion on Encompass FTP library mirror - DEC ; Hi to everyone, as i'm in need of old VMS software (pre 5.4 for my VAX-11/725, which i hope will be in working condition soon) i'd start browsing and downloading from the encompassus ftp library, that if it was still ...

  1. Encompass FTP library mirror

    Hi to everyone,
    as i'm in need of old VMS software (pre 5.4 for my VAX-11/725, which
    i hope will be in working condition soon) i'd start browsing and
    downloading from the encompassus ftp library, that if it was still
    online... Alas the ftp has been inaccessible for many months now
    and i can't find any mirror.
    Anyone knows if there's a mirror in existence, or if
    the files can be obtained in any other way (like ordering media supports)?

    Bye,
    Hkz
    --
    "La profonda attrazione esercitata da (...) sentirsi parte di una
    potente Elite tecnologica non dovrebbe mai essere sottovalutata."

  2. Re: Encompass FTP library mirror

    In article , Hkz writes:
    > as i'm in need of old VMS software (pre 5.4 for my VAX-11/725, which
    > i hope will be in working condition soon) i'd start browsing and
    > downloading from the encompassus ftp library, that if it was still
    > online... Alas the ftp has been inaccessible for many months now
    > and i can't find any mirror.

    You'll find some of the library stuff on Encompasserve/DECUServe/EISNER

    ftp://ftp.encompasserve.org/decus/vms

    The stuff can also be accessed using your DECUServe account on EISNER
    in DISK$REPOSITORY:[ANONYMOUS.PUBLIC.DECUS.VMS]

  3. Re: Encompass FTP library mirror

    Il Mon, 14 Jan 2008 16:19:37 -0600, Graham Burley ha scritto:

    > You'll find some of the library stuff on Encompasserve/DECUServe/EISNER
    >
    > ftp://ftp.encompasserve.org/decus/vms
    >
    > The stuff can also be accessed using your DECUServe account on EISNER in
    > DISK$REPOSITORY:[ANONYMOUS.PUBLIC.DECUS.VMS]

    This will be really useful! thanks a lot!

    Hkz
    --
    * Member of the Italian RETRO DECnet -> http://decnet.ipv7.net *
    * HKZlab Hobbyist Network -> http://hkzlab.spatof.org *