H786 PSU help? - DEC

This is a discussion on H786 PSU help? - DEC ; I have an 11/23, not yet working. It's in a BA11-N box, with the H886 PSU. If I start it without cards in the backplane, the fans run and I get the correct output voltages from the PSU. However, I'm ...

  1. H786 PSU help?

    I have an 11/23, not yet working. It's in a BA11-N box, with the H886
    PSU.

    If I start it without cards in the backplane, the fans run and I get the
    correct output voltages from the PSU. However, I'm not getting the PWR
    OK signal (at least, the LED on the front doesn't come on).

    I've checked basic stuff such as a correctly connected, undamaged ribbon
    cable, and reseated the two boards on the H786.

    Any suggestions where to go from here? Or places to ask?

    Thanks

    --
    Bob Eager
    begin 123 a new life...take up Extreme Ironing!

  2. Re: H786 PSU help?

    On Dec 21, 5:14 pm, "Bob Eager" wrote:
    > I have an 11/23, not yet working. It's in a BA11-N box, with the H886
    > PSU.
    >
    > If I start it without cards in the backplane, the fans run and I get the
    > correct output voltages from the PSU. However, I'm not getting the PWR
    > OK signal (at least, the LED on the front doesn't come on).
    >
    > I've checked basic stuff such as a correctly connected, undamaged ribbon
    > cable, and reseated the two boards on the H786.
    >
    > Any suggestions where to go from here? Or places to ask?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > --
    > Bob Eager
    > begin 123 a new life...take up Extreme Ironing!

    What do AC Lo and DC Lo look like
    with a scope or meter ? Thinks it's the
    yellow and blue wires, if the PS has them ?

  3. Re: H786 PSU help?

    On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 01:00:01 UTC, bob.birch@gmail.com wrote:

    > On Dec 21, 5:14 pm, "Bob Eager" wrote:
    > > I have an 11/23, not yet working. It's in a BA11-N box, with the H886
    > > PSU.
    > >
    > > If I start it without cards in the backplane, the fans run and I get the
    > > correct output voltages from the PSU. However, I'm not getting the PWR
    > > OK signal (at least, the LED on the front doesn't come on).
    > >
    > > I've checked basic stuff such as a correctly connected, undamaged ribbon
    > > cable, and reseated the two boards on the H786.
    > >
    > > Any suggestions where to go from here? Or places to ask?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > --
    > > Bob Eager
    > > begin 123 a new life...take up Extreme Ironing!

    > What do AC Lo and DC Lo look like
    > with a scope or meter ? Thinks it's the
    > yellow and blue wires, if the PS has them ?

    Difficult to get to them...bit busy this week with family. Will take a
    look soon.
    --
    Bob Eager
    begin 123 a new life...take up Extreme Ironing!

+ Reply to Thread