DEC manuals online - DEC

This is a discussion on DEC manuals online - DEC ; As I recycle some of my old DEC hardware and software manuals...I decided to scan some of them into PDFs and place them online. If they are useful to even a handful of people who inherit some of this equipment...then ...

  1. DEC manuals online

    As I recycle some of my old DEC hardware and software manuals...I
    decided to scan some of them into PDFs and place them online. If they
    are useful to even a handful of people who inherit some of this
    equipment...then it was worthwhile. Since the printing is not the
    greatest quality and there are lots of drawings, I scanned them to
    images (making them not indexable for search engines).

    Point your browser to: http://www.carelife.com/manuals/

    At this time, there are some Ultrix, DECstation 5000 and 5000-240
    manuals out there. Some of the manuals, such as the BA42 Expansion Box
    manual, have drawings of RZ5x, RX23 and other hardware installations.
    As for the software manuals...more will follow.

  2. Re: DEC manuals online

    In article <32a74fb4-fc58-43a9-a789-7e72db3421c3@e25g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,
    buhle@carelife.com writes:
    > As I recycle some of my old DEC hardware and software manuals...I
    > decided to scan some of them into PDFs and place them online. If they
    > are useful to even a handful of people who inherit some of this
    > equipment...then it was worthwhile. Since the printing is not the
    > greatest quality and there are lots of drawings, I scanned them to
    > images (making them not indexable for search engines).
    >
    > Point your browser to: http://www.carelife.com/manuals/
    >
    > At this time, there are some Ultrix, DECstation 5000 and 5000-240
    > manuals out there. Some of the manuals, such as the BA42 Expansion Box
    > manual, have drawings of RZ5x, RX23 and other hardware installations.
    > As for the software manuals...more will follow.

    You might consider sending them to Al Kossow for inclusion on bitsavers
    as well.

    bill

    University of Scranton |
    Scranton, Pennsylvania | #include