M8047-CA SLU details? - DEC

This is a discussion on M8047-CA SLU details? - DEC ; Hi I'm attempting to restore an 11/23 which has an M8047-CA for the console port. I can find little about this module apart from the jumper settings. Is the port RS-232, or 20mA current loop? Could be challenging finding a ...

  1. M8047-CA SLU details?

    Hi

    I'm attempting to restore an 11/23 which has an M8047-CA for the console
    port.

    I can find little about this module apart from the jumper settings. Is
    the port RS-232, or 20mA current loop?

    Could be challenging finding a current loop card for the PC as
    console...
    --
    Bob Eager
    begin 123 a new life...take up Extreme Ironing!

  2. Re: M8047-CA SLU details?

    On 10 Dec, 01:06, "Bob Eager" wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I'm attempting to restore an 11/23 which has an M8047-CA for the console
    > port.

    The M8047-CA is aka MXV11-CA.

    > I can find little about this module apart from the jumper settings. Is
    > the port RS-232, or 20mA current loop?

    RS-232.

    Chris

  3. Re: M8047-CA SLU details?

    On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 02:27:54 UTC, chrisj.doran@proemail.co.uk wrote:

    > On 10 Dec, 01:06, "Bob Eager" wrote:
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > I'm attempting to restore an 11/23 which has an M8047-CA for the console
    > > port.

    > The M8047-CA is aka MXV11-CA.

    Thanks...although I thought it was MXV11-AC....

    > > I can find little about this module apart from the jumper settings. Is
    > > the port RS-232, or 20mA current loop?

    > RS-232.

    Thanks very much. Anyone have any further doc on these (apart from the
    drawings)?

    --
    Bob Eager
    begin 123 a new life...take up Extreme Ironing!

  4. Re: M8047-CA SLU details?

    > > The M8047-CA is aka MXV11-CA.

    > Thanks very much. Anyone have any further doc on these (apart from the
    > drawings)?
    >
    > --
    > Bob Eager
    > begin 123 a new life...take up Extreme Ironing!

    The MXV11 module is described in the:

    EK-LSIFS-SV-005-III LSI-11 Systems Service Manual Volume III

    which is available at:

    http://vt100.net/mirror/antonio/ek-l...v-005-vol3.pdf

    and in the:

    DEC Microcomputers and Memories Handbook EB-18451-20

    which doesn't seem to be available online yet.
    (Anyone out there willing to provide a scan of it?)

    Regards

    Ulli
    (The VAXorcist)

  5. Re: M8047-CA SLU details?

    On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 18:00:57 UTC, vaxorcist
    wrote:

    > The MXV11 module is described in the:
    >
    > EK-LSIFS-SV-005-III LSI-11 Systems Service Manual Volume III
    >
    > which is available at:
    >
    > http://vt100.net/mirror/antonio/ek-l...v-005-vol3.pdf
    >
    > and in the:
    >
    > DEC Microcomputers and Memories Handbook EB-18451-20
    >
    > which doesn't seem to be available online yet.
    > (Anyone out there willing to provide a scan of it?)

    Thanks! I did search vt100.net but was too specific, searching only for
    the option and module numbers.
    --
    Bob Eager
    begin 123 a new life...take up Extreme Ironing!

  6. Re: M8047-CA SLU details?

    On 10 Dec, 20:04, "Bob Eager" wrote:
    > On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 18:00:57 UTC, vaxorcist
    > wrote:
    >
    > > The MXV11 module is described in the:

    > > EK-LSIFS-SV-005-III LSI-11 Systems Service Manual Volume III

    > > which is available at:

    > >http://vt100.net/mirror/antonio/ek-l...v-005-vol3.pdf

    > > and in the:

    > > DEC Microcomputers and Memories Handbook EB-18451-20

    > > which doesn't seem to be available online yet.
    > > (Anyone out there willing to provide a scan of it?)

    > Thanks! I did search vt100.net but was too specific, searching only for
    > the option and module numbers.
    > --
    > Bob Eager
    > begin 123 a new life...take up Extreme Ironing!

    Sorry, you're right about the suffix. http://world.std.com/~mbg/pdp11-field-guide.txt
    lists only -AC, but http://www.fpns.net/willy/pdp11/BOARDS.HTM
    mentions both -AC and -CA.

    "Microcomputers and Memories" describes the -AC is described along
    with the -A. Three versions of it are downloadable from
    http://www.computer.museum.uq.edu.au/documents.html which also has
    configuration pages from the MXV11-AA manual.

    Chris

  7. Re: M8047-CA SLU details?

    On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 19:27:03 UTC, chrisj.doran@proemail.co.uk wrote:

    > Sorry, you're right about the suffix. http://world.std.com/~mbg/pdp11-field-guide.txt
    > lists only -AC, but http://www.fpns.net/willy/pdp11/BOARDS.HTM
    > mentions both -AC and -CA.

    Yes, just saw that in the Systems Service manual.

    > "Microcomputers and Memories" describes the -AC is described along
    > with the -A. Three versions of it are downloadable from
    > http://www.computer.museum.uq.edu.au/documents.html which also has
    > configuration pages from the MXV11-AA manual.

    Will take a look.

    Then I have to sort out all the other stuff, get the muck out of this
    machine and try to make it go. Years since I used a PDP-11 - my first
    was an 11/20 in 1974...!
    --
    Bob Eager
    begin 123 a new life...take up Extreme Ironing!

+ Reply to Thread