Hi Folks,

I have two AS1200 (AlphaServers) to donate. They're nice machines, but I
don't use them. One has two 400MHz CPUs (B3007-AA) and 512MB RAM, the
other has one 533MHz CPU (B3007-CA) and 256MB RAM.

They have lots of disks internally (2 and 4GB drives). They have several
SCSI controllers installed and are in fact set up to operate as a
TruCluster with shared storage, which is housed on two BA356 StorageWorks
shelves stuffed with 2 and 4GB drives. If someone were interested in
running this as a TruCluster, I also have two MemoryChannel cards and a
MC cable. TruCluster traditionally uses MemoryChannel as its cluster
interconnect. It can, however, use a standard ethernet P2P connection.
Each system has two 100mbit ethernet controllers installed.

The boxes are also fitted with redundant power supplies.

Dimensions of a AS1200: height=47cm, width=36cm, depth=60cm

For a photo see (one system is stacked on top of the other!):
http://www.spielwiese.de/rob/Picture...-1000x1504.jpg

I live in Munich, and posting them would be prohibitively expensive, I
suspect.

any interest? If yes, please contact me ASAP.

RU

Here is the output of "show config" for each system:
dual-400MHz config:
--------------------------
P00>>>show config
Digital Equipment Corporation
AlphaServer 1200

Console V5.7-4 OpenVMS PALcode V1.21-2, Digital UNIX PALcode V1.23-2

Module Type Rev Name
System Motherboard 0 0000 mthrbrd0
Memory 512 MB DIMM 0 0000 mem0
CPU (4MB Cache) 3 0001 cpu0
CPU (4MB Cache) 3 0001 cpu1
Bridge (IOD0/IOD1) 600 0032 iod0/iod1
PCI Motherboard a 0000 saddle0

Bus 0 iod0 (PCI0)
Slot Option Name Type Rev Name
1 PCEB 4828086 0015 pceb0
2 S3 Trio64/Trio32 88115333 0044 vga0
3 DECchip 21140-AA 91011 0020 tulip0
4 DEC KZPSA 81011 0000 pks0

Bus 1 pceb0 (EISA Bridge connected to iod0, slot 1)
Slot Option Name Type Rev Name

Bus 0 iod1 (PCI1)
Slot Option Name Type Rev Name
1 NCR 53C810 11000 0002 ncr0
2 QLogic ISP10X0 10201077 0005 isp0
3 NCR 53C810 11000 0002 ncr1
4 DE600-AA 12298086 0008 ei0

single-533MHz config:
--------------------------
P00>>>show config
Compaq Computer Corporation
AlphaServer 1200

Console V6.0-4 OpenVMS PALcode V1.21-2, Digital UNIX PALcode V1.23-2

Module Type Rev Name
System Motherboard 0 0000 mthrbrd0
Memory 64 MB DIMM 0 0000 mem0
Memory 64 MB DIMM 0 0000 mem1
Memory 64 MB DIMM 0 0000 mem2
Memory 64 MB DIMM 0 0000 mem3
CPU (4MB Cache) 3 0003 cpu0
Bridge (IOD0/IOD1) 600 0032 iod0/iod1
PCI Motherboard a 0000 saddle0

Bus 0 iod0 (PCI0)
Slot Option Name Type Rev Name
1 PCEB 4828086 0015 pceb0
2 S3 Trio64/Trio32 88115333 0054 vga0
3 DE500-BA 191011 0030 tulip0
4 DEC KZPSA 81011 0000 pks0

Bus 1 pceb0 (EISA Bridge connected to iod0, slot 1)
Slot Option Name Type Rev Name

Bus 0 iod1 (PCI1)
Slot Option Name Type Rev Name
1 NCR 53C810 11000 0002 ncr0